Which boat do I have to choose Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Which boat do I have to choose « Previous Next »
By Pe (petere) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 1:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi

I like wakeboarding very much, now I want to buy an other boat, but, what
can I best buy. I almost run the boat in a river (not on a lake), so a lot
of time there are waves of other boats. I wanted to buy a Mastercraft of
Malibu, but other people told me that this will be difficult when there are
a lot of waves. Who can give me some advice

Are there people who has experience with Osprey boats and wakeboarding ?

Best regards
Pe

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a Malibu, and although I use it mostly on a lake, but have put it in the ocean a couple of times. I would go with a V-drive for the waves, with what ever you buy, most have higher bows. I would stay away from Calabria and Centurian, cause they have real low bows from what I have seen. Good Luck

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 8:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What about Clobberya, thems fighting words

By Brian Bedell (partyb) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 11:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 1997 MC 205D which i used to keep in NY in a bay, which not only has waves from other boats, boats up to like 40 foot, but also actual waves, like a heavy chop and small craft advisories, etc. Tournament style inboard ski/board boats are not really made for this type of use but mine actually did okay. I recommend one of the bigger boats, 20-22 feet. The smaller 19's will be unsafe in rough water. I just used to go slow when the water was rough. You will lose a kidney if you fast in an inboard over rough water. If all you are worried about is other wakes, you should have absolutely no problem.

By MARTYSHOOPER (cal_air) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 12:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Only the inboard Calabria has a low bow nose. There isn't any problems with the V-Drive bow and Plus it's the biggest and roomiest V-Drive on the market from what I've seen.

(Message edited by cal_air on January 31, 2003)

By Jesse G (para) on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 5:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My Super Air Nautique handles wake very well. It isn't wimpy wake, Lake Huron can make some huge wake!!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com