'79 Ski Nautique - Anyone with any ex... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » '79 Ski Nautique - Anyone with any experience? « Previous Next »
By Daniel Sullivan (wakedoc) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 2:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looking at a secondhand '79 Ski Nautique.

My wife and I have ridden behind the same model and really liked the wake and how it drove - does anyone have any experience with this model (ie -is there anything in particular I should be looking for when I go over it in a couple of days?)

A friend with the same boat has had a really good run with his and has no complaints - just wondering if anyone has any opinions.

(just in case you're wondering why we are looking at an older boat - in New Zealand there aren't many inboards for sale secondhand, so you get hold of what you can unless you can afford new!!)

Thanks

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 3:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a fully setup Bayliner in Auckland for sale if your interested, the wake is good and the boat is more practical for a family the a D-Drive. Hell even if you just want a day out with family drop me a line we board at mercer.

By badzuki (badzuki) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 4:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a 79 Nautique. It was a great boat. It served its purpose. I bought it after having an outboard. Compared to the outboard, the wake was huge and the pull was great. It is a great boat. I put a tower on it. The V8 302 had lots of power. The only draw backs. It is small, there is not much room. The boat is narrow. Good wake, but it is not very far to jump it.
My recommendation, it is a great boat for the price. I would try to find a nautique with 2001 hull. It is a much bigger boat and as good as it gets for the price. A 2001 should be just a little more expense then the 79 in the US. If not possible, don't feel bad about buying the 79

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com