03 Sky Supreme direct drive Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » 03 Sky Supreme direct drive « Previous Next »
By john porter (dobie) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 6:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm probably buying this boat. The price is $29,000 with all options except for perfect pass/Accuski. The only negative I can come up with is resale value. The engine is the Merc MPI, the warranty is extended to 3 years, and the trailer is loaded. I'm not going pro and am sure the wake will be pleasing when I demo it. I do not want a v-drive. Are there any boats under $30,000 you would suggest for a demo other than the Supreme? Are there any other negatives I'm missing or can i finally buy? Your input is appreciated. Thanks.

By T Rare (av8tens) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I didn't get a lot of feedback about Supreme's on this board when I was shopping for one either, just not very many of them out there. I have been happy with mine, but I have had a few minor problems the dealer has taken care of promptly. Make sure you trust the dealer - they can make or break the ownership experience.
BTW, I am putting an Accuski in mine this winter. I would strongly consider getting this option - maybe you can talk the dealer into it to seal the deal. From my research, resale value on these boats is no worse than any other. Good Luck with the new boat - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

By john porter (dobie) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 6:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the input T Rare. I'm not as familiar with Accuski prices. What's a general estimate?

By Richard B. (cws_kahuna) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looking to spend under 30K, look at the Moomba Mobius or Outback LS both are Direct Drive, the Sanger DLX Wake Series Direct Drive, and the Sky Supreme you are already planning on testing out.

Moomba or Skiers Choice is known for really good customer service and I have heard a lot of good things about Sanger as well. Try to look into as many boats in your price range as you can before you make your purchase. Just my Opinion anyway.

http://www.moomba.com

http://www.sangerboats.com

(Message edited by cws_kahuna on January 29, 2003)

By Joel Chamaschuk (chuk) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 7:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You may also want to consider Moomba or Sanger for DD under $30k. If you negotiate well, you may also be able to get a Tige 21i or Malibu Wakesetter (not loaded) for under $30k. We're also on the hunt. I have to admit that I quite liked the Supreme while at the Seattle Boat show, but we have no local dealer here in BC (this is pretty important to us). But I would strongly suggest checking out the Wakesetter or the Sportster if money is tight. Happy shopping!

By Wakeboarders Heaven (83tige99) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 12:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My brother has an 02 Supreme that i helped him pick out. I used to sell boats for one of the "other" guys and was quite impressed with Supreme. The wake is a nice size and shape with the ballast and a sac in the front storage area. Now my brother could have afforded just about any wakeboard boat out there but why stretch yourself if you don't need to. If you want to impress the neighbors then go spend all your money and get a non-loaded big 4 boat. But if bang for your buck is what your after I don't think you will go wrong with the Supreme

By Mark Mascari (mmascari) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree, Supremes are good value. I bought an 03 V Pro Sky in July and have been happy with it. The wake is really clean. Check out www.waterskimag.com and look at the 2003 boat reviews. They have videos for the Supremes and others. Here is a couple pics of the wake and boat.

By T Rare (av8tens) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 9:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John-
I am being quoted $499 for accuski wakeboard elite. This is the system that will interface with the Borg Warner MMDC that should come standard on your Supreme. You can check out all models at www.accuski.com.
T

By john porter (dobie) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for all of the info. I have checked out Skier's Choice and Malibu. I think Moomba is the most cost effective way to go under $30,000 and I really like the Malibu but they're stuck at $33,000. I have demoed the malibu and will be taking a ride in the Supreme but as of now I'm buying the Sky.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 5:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What do you like about the Sky over the Moomba?

By john porter (dobie) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 6:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the interior better because it feels like it's better quality (more like the Malibu interior), I love the Phat Budde (same as Samson) tower over the awkward folding moomba rad-a-cage and the Supreme dealer has hooked me up with a fully loaded boat compared to what the Moomba dealer was offering. The Moomba dealer kept trying to talk me into a V-drive. Supreme is also allowing me to order a pure white boat where as Moomba wouldn't work with me on that, but Supra would. Both are Skier's Choice so I don't know why Moomba couldn't comply. Overall I didn't feel like the Moomba dealer was trying to go the extra mile.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fair enough, ta

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com