sony mini disc?? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » sony mini disc?? « Previous Next »
By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 4:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
anyone have one in there boat.I've heard they are pretty much skip proof.Any info or input would be helpfull thanks,JEFF

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 5:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Jeff-

I've got one in my boat (MDX-CA680X) and love it. I've also got a changer, so I can play discs, but MD's are much better, especially in the boat environment.

I'm not sure it makes sense to install an MD headunit if you're only going to use them in your boat. I made the switch to entirely MD a few years ago, so it works very well for me. I find MD's attractive because they offer most of the advantages of mp3 (the main exception being that they aren't solid state), but space is MUCH cheaper (around $2 a disc).

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 6:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was pobably going to get a md walkman and the head unit because I can use it more like you said.Is it true what they say about them not skipping?

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 7:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got my first MD player in 1997. Since then I've had 3 walkmans and 3 headunits. I can't ever remember any of them skipping once. I use my portables all the time, running, cycling and riding at the mountain.

If you can afford a netMD walkman and a headunit with MDLP, minidisc is superior to mp3 in my opinion.

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MD'S Are the ShZit. They are Awesome They record fast the disks are cheep they are much more durable they don't skip Like Cd's What you can do is Add a MD player to your existing Stereo. If your CD player has a Aux imput you can get a adaptor coard and run it into your CD unit and switch between CD/Raido and MD's The Protable MD player recorder's are under $200 and you can use it every day If you go to the Gym ride a bike ect. I plug my MD into my boat it works great

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 9:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant I thought of going that route but there's only a couple of comp. that have aux input on the face.JVC makes some of there head units ith th input on the face but are they any good quality wise.The other option is to get a deck with cd changer control and go from the back of the deck

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff; You caa go threw the deck "If it has one" Most new high end decks have one, They use the Aux imput for DVD ect. If you don't want a new deck you can buy a "Pre Amp" it's a EQ they have Aux imputs with a button that you push and it switches between Changer or Minidisk DVD ect, plus it wil make your system sound better. They cost around $200 I use the Rockford fosgate PA2 pre Amp

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com