MARIAH Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » MARIAH « Previous Next »
By ace (split) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 5:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ever heard of MARIAH Boats? if so, are they not a good boat to board behind? anyone here own one?

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 6:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I havent ridden behind one, I thought they went under last year.

By Sean M (magic) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 6:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought that they went under last year too. Look fast, but I have not heard of any one that has been behind one.

By Bob (bob) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 6:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i thought someone on here or wakeboarder had one but im sure it is an i/o quality wake, wide and it takes alot of weight to build the ramp

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used to own one a while ago, a 1996 Shaba 180-I bought it new from our local dealer. The company was an Illinois based company. They did go under and I think it was a few years ago. Since then another company I think in the Carolinas bought the molds and rights to build under the Mariah name. This company might have gone under last year, I haven't heard. I do know that the boats they built looked nice on the showroom floor, but myself and everyone I know who owned one has had problems. Their customer service was a joke, some of the worst people in the world to deal with! I was not at all suprised when I heard they were going out of business the first time!

As far as boarding behind them, they are going to be your typical I/O, poor wake, poor throtle control, poor handling. I might consider staying away from them, their are a lot of others that have a good reputation.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 7:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Decent boat, but I too heard they went under.

They are similar to SeaRay's in design and make-up. Heavy thick hull, big motor's but run-of-the-mill bowrider design. We almost bought one back in 1994, but opted for a SeaRay due to lack of a decent deal. I personally think the fit-n-finish of the Mariah was better than the SeaRay.

The wake should be decent if it is bigger than 20ft. under that, you may need to add weight. Make sure that if you get one, get the biggest motor possible, they need it. My old SeaRay was 3450lbs with the 5.7lt motor, but only 220hp at the prop, you lose a lot of hp in the outdrive, none the less, Good wake, firm, and tracked very well.

good luck,
KG

By Scott Hetland (scotthetland) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A dealer used to sell a lot of them around here in North Dakota. It seemed like everyone on the Missouri River had a Mariah. I personaly thought they were way too expensive for an I/O. You could get a quality inboard for less than the cost they were charging for them. But then again, not many know what a True inboard is around here.

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 3:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kevin, be glad you bought the Sea Ray! Try taking your fist to the side of a Mariah and then your Sea Ray or any other boat and see how thin that fiberglass is on the Mariah. And as far as the fit and finnish, ha, like I said before they look good or the showroom floor, that is why we bought ours, but man, everything fell apart once we started using it. They used cheap materials and skimped on everything they could. I would be careful!

By Karen Nelems (knelems) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 5:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mariah is actually owned & produced by Renken boats now, cheaper than they were originally.I remember when they claimed to be as good as Cobalt, not the same company.Crownline,Bryant,make
good runabouts w/Towers & resale value if that is what you are shopping for.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com