Stereo System Questions Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Stereo System Questions « Previous Next »
By Turtle (turtle) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 2:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an older Supra (In Profile), looks like it will need to make it one more season.

I am looking at putting a complete system in my boat, from the deck to speakers. There is room for four 6.5 inch speakers in the sides, and room for a sub under the deck (Front) and a amp. I am clueless as what to get, and whould like some input from you guys...I would like to stay under a grand if possiable.

By Dan Sullivan (danno) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you're not planning to keep the boat that long, consider that if you spend too much, you either have to take it out before you sell (bad for resale) or keep in mind that you probably won't add that much to the value of the used boat.

I'd suggest you plan to keep the cost down.

I bought our last boat after the previous owner had taken his stereo out and installed a used car stereo, amp, and speakers from E-Bay (<$60) It sounded fine on the beach, not loud enough on the water, and used it for only one season. I kept the stereo out of the weather by installing it inside the "glove compartment." When I sold the boat, the new owner was happy to have tunes, and I was happy that I hadn't spent more $$ on it.

By Bob (bob) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 5:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
turtle there are endless possibilities for you under a grand including but not limited to mp3 player, 2 amps, 1 X 10-or 12 sub (homemade box of course), couple of 6.5's in homemade tubes for your pole...
Get poly speakers, decent amps (look on ebay and all over the net), research the cd/mp3 player for whether or not it skips while riding or just on larger wakes or not at all.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com