New CD Deck... New Remote in X-Star Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » New CD Deck... New Remote in X-Star « Previous Next »
By Blake (whirly) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was looking into a new CD for my '01 X-Star simply because-- it sucks. However, the thought crossed my mind as to what I can do with the driver remote 'panel' of the stock Clarion. Can I replace that? Is it compatible with others? Thank.

blake

By Zack Stewart (raider40) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Blake - in my 02 X I put a Sony CDX-MP70 CD/MP3 player in the stock Clarion spot and it works great. You'll have to adjust the angle a little to get the CD tray to clear the lip of the bin though. THis unit doesn't skip very much - only when running @ 30+ across rough water - and it's great to put one CD in for the whole day (170 songs).

As far as the remote goes I've replaced both the driver's and transom remote with a Sony Marine Commander. THis controls all of the funtions you'll need.

By Rob Wilgus (robw) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you have a pic of the remote in your boat? I thought the Sony was bigger than the Clarion and wondered what it looked like. Thanks.

By Zack Stewart (raider40) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 1:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here ya go.....
Sony Marine Comander

Sony 2

By Dave (iliketoski) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 11:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
To be clear, this is not the Sony Marine Commander, but Access Technologies Sony compatible remote. It is on sale at overton's right now, the Sony one is larger and has an LED readout.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com