Which boat B52 VX2 or the Malibu LSV Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Which boat B52 VX2 or the Malibu LSV « Previous Next »
By Chad Miranda (forwaken) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hello fellows, new to this stuff so bear with me. My wife and i went to the boat show this weekend in pleasonton to do homework in buying a boat. I think i have limited it down to two the B53 team edition with all the goodies, and a LSV that is just plain. Any help would be appreciated. Also they want 47k for the B52 which is loaded and 43k for the bare malibu that would take some added options to match the B52 are these good prices Thanks again, Chad

By Chad Miranda (forwaken) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that is a wakesetter LSV

By wilson (3puttwilson) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What are you planning on using the boat for? My buddy had an LSV. He now has a VLX which is much better suited for boarding, at least the wake is. The LSV wake is more of a rampy wake compared to the VLX. It was good but the VLX is that much better. The LSV is awesome as far as room to stretch out in. We usually had 4-6 people and everyone had tons of room.
Cons of the LSV- rampy wider wake, needs at least the 330 engine, takes a while to get up on plane
Pros of the LSV- huge boat in terms of storage, room to move, great family boat, would be acceptable for water skiing
The LSV is an awesome boat and is a really good wakeboard boat, the VLX is a great wakeboard boat.
I don't know anything about the B52. Of course being the middle of winter it would be hard for you to ride behind them both. If you could you would have a better idea of which one to go with.
If you are a serious boarder think about the VLX too. I'm sure the B52 is a great boat too so you'll be good to go either way.
I would also consider the dealer too. That makes such a huge difference with your boat owning experience. A good dealer is priceless.

By Chad Miranda (forwaken) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks, the B52 dealer seemed respectful, while the Malibu man was a representative and just bagged on the other boats. what about the choppy ride in rough water i am hearing about and is 43k a good price

By wilson (3puttwilson) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That might be an indication of future customer service. If the Malibu dude gave you a weird vibe then beware.
The LSV rides great in chop. It's a very smooth ride in all conditions. My buddy paid less for his than 43k but he has a very unusual deal with the Malibu dealer. He gets deals no one else does. I would suggest getting at least 3 prices if you can. Just be aware that Malibu dealers talk to one another.

By Chad Miranda (forwaken) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks oh and it was the vlx, that i was looking at, the dealer that was sitting with the rep just called me back he actually seemed pretty cool

By Sean M (magic) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chad, I ride behind and drive a friends LSV quite a bit.

He had it loaded down with about 2500# of ballast. Takes a little while to plan and does not turn that great. It was worse with the wedge (he only Skyski's and the wedge is not very good at 29mph speeds!) so the wedge has been removed.

The boat is rock solid in choppy conditions and has tons of room. The wake is very rampy and solid. Also, it uses a ton of gas. All most twice as much as my DD Cal-Air does. I have not been behind or driven a B-52 (I am guessing you are looking at a B-52 V-drive). I have sat in a couple, quite a smaller boat than the LSV.

I'd compare a VLX to the B-52.

By Tom (tcaton) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wilson is right if the dealer seams like there customer service is bad you might want to look else where. As far as the B52 VX2 goes its is a great boat I have ordered one should be getting it
in 4 or 5 weeks MB boats are a excellent boat some of the best fit and finish work I have seen. I have a B52 now and never have had a problem with it. it handles rough water well has a big solid rampy wake. I have been very happy with MB Sports. good luck

By S Dub (sdub) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom, that is a very nice looking B 52. I refer your gel coat option over the flames.

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 3:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sean, who has the LSV?

Has anyone seen the flames graphics on the B52s at the boat shows? Man, that boat is freakin' hideous! Flames inside and out? Let's see how the resale is.

By Tom (tcaton) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 7:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe, Yes the white with red flames is ugly but the blue with white flames and the red with white flames looks pretty good neither one of those colors has flames the same color inside more of a grey flames on white. I'am not getting the flames on mine.

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If interior size is one of your interests, you might want to take another look at the Supra SSV. Throws a great wake and has tons of room, for about 42K with many options. Take the family out and test drive them all then make your decision. The bigger boats are generally not as good for boarding, and will use more gas as they take more weight to sink them, although someone on here posted a picture of an LSV wake that was HUGE.

By M.I.A. (steveaz) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Test drove a B52V last year. I thought the boat had great fit and finish but was disappointed in the performance. The boat needed another 2K in weight to achieve a "world class" wake and atleast 1k of that in the walkthrough bow area with nowhere to put it. At that time it only held 1400 #'s of ballast. Slow out of the hole, wake was soft (didn't mess with weight distribution a lot though), ballast pumps were very slow and noisey, it was a dog around the docks, tower made more noise and shook more than any tower I'd ever seen (Wakedesigns).

Granted I do own a VLX which makes me somewhat biased but I honestly wanted to buy a different boat (2 friends already had 2002 VLX's) and had high hopes for the B52V. Sorry, but in my book....no comparison! However, maybe the 2003's are better and what the heck, test drives are free, just don't buy it without test driving.

Steve

By Sean M (magic) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe, Lawerence's BU is a LSV, and ya I think that Tribal Flame job on the B-52s just looks fugly.

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 2:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sean, I think Lawrence's boat is a VLX.
VLX = 21'
LSV = 23'

I wonder if anyone bought that B-52, with the flames all over the boat. I'd like to meet him/her!

Yes, I sleep...had to pee!

(Message edited by dakid on January 28, 2003)

By Rene Rioux (norcal_99) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 2:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chad,

Just a thought, Check out the X-Star, Sanger V210, and the Supra Launch SSV.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com