Repo... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Repo... « Previous Next »
By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 5:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was glad to see a Malibu get repo'd last night on the Discovery Channel show "Reposessors". It was a good laugh...

In case you missed it, the boat was repo'd while the people were in the marina paying for gas. They left the keys in the ignition. Also, they didn't lock the trailer to their hitch. It was a Sun Setter.

By swass (swass) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 6:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rumor has it that was staged.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 6:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Swass no rumor. You are correct it was staged for the show.

Though I'm sure it has happend a time or two.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

By BobD (bigd) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 7:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw that show too. Looked like all the incidents were staged.

By Chris Hargis (chris_hargis) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 7:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This was discussed here a long time ago, so obviously the show was a repeat, or one of those "when something goes bad' or worlds scariest something" type shows where you see the same clip on all of them.

By S Dub (sdub) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 7:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What you got against Malibu?

By Lars F. Haugstad (larsfh) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 7:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I couldn't imagine working as a reposessor. Imagine reposessing a car from the worst of the worst ghetto. That has to happen sometimes. You can bet you'll get some bullets and a pitbull with aids after you.

Speaking of it, some reposessors came into my dads office a while ago, running away with some computers and stuff because of "not paid VAT!" It turned out they had entered the wrong office. Boy, were they embarrassed!

----
www.eurowake.com

By Justin (jro) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I actually did some repo-ing for a finance company. It was not fun! Someone threatening you over a sofa is not my idea of a good way to earn money

By S Dub (sdub) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Outta college I worked for a rental car co. We had some dead beat who rented a car, but did not want to return it. I had a set of keys. Went by the house 20X looking for the car. No car. Finally, one fri. nite I was coming home from a party, bout 1:30 am, saw the car in the unlocked garage thru a window. I had a duplicate key om my key ring. Throw open the garage door, hear see inside light come on, run for the car, get into it, get that POS Camry started, and blaze outta there fast as I can. The renter comes haul'n out the front door chasing me down the driveway. It was pretty cool. I laughed my a$$ off all the way home.

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just thought it was odd that the repo man drove an inboard perfect. Backed out without steering like a pro and then got it on the trailer like a seasoned veteran of the sport.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The guys on the show are my neighbors, and the 'incident' was filmed out our local lake (Travis, did you see how empty the lot was at the Cove?)

By Nick (drmalibupws) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 7:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That about how it goes to repo a boat. Been done to many times.

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 5:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't think it was staged.

The reason I was glad to see it repo'd, it's way over-priced. The owner was probably better off. :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com