Sony Remote Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Sony Remote « Previous Next »
By Dave (iliketoski) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 12:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Now that I'm installing Accuski, I'm able to free up a small guage hole, (depth guage). I'm looking for a Sony compatible remote, but haven't had much luck. I've found the New Sony marine commander, (it's way too big). I've also found Access Technologies, again, not designed for the standard opening. Does anyone have any more ideas?

By Patrick (faceplant409) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 9:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm in the same boat(so-to-speak). But with my deck in the arm rest I WANT A REMOTE WITH A DISPLAY, and the sony seems to best (though large) choice. Clarion now makes one (I saw it in the new Overton's catalog) It's only 2-3/8" BUT it only works with the big (double DIN) decks.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Pat

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 9:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Patrick I would check with Clarion http://www.clarion.com/marine/marinefm.htm I bet that remote works with the M335-RET deck.

Good luck

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

By Chris Quam (noquams) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 7:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the Sony and have my deck in the glove box. The nice thing about the sony is it will display the mode your in, the volume, the cd, and the radio station. I placed it on the dash. If you already have a Sony deck it's the best way to go.

By Kris Dunning (kgd) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 7:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where is the best place to order the Access Technologies sony wired remote? How much should I expect to pay?

By Ryan (ocrider) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 7:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kris,

You can pick up the Access Technologies one for $49.95. At least that's how much it was the last time I installed one.

Try calling them directly to get the local distributor for your area. They don't sell direct to the public, but they will tell you who to call.

Good luck!

Ryan Delany
http://www.ryno-gear.com
Rynogear Wakeboarding Accessories

By Bob (bob) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thats not for the one with the digital display ....is it?

By M.I.A. (steveaz) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't think so, the Sony with LCD will set you back a bill and a half. Nice though

By Ryan (ocrider) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bob,

The last time I spoke with Access Tech, they said the one with the LCD was a prototype that wouldn't be ready anytime soon. I would expect it to be much more expensive if they ever did decide to make it.

Ryan

By Dave (iliketoski) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 6:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Overton's has the Access Technologies remote on sale for $39. I also talked with them and they said the new one with the LCD readout will be available "sometime this year", that's a nice 12 month window.

Anyway, still looking for a sony compatible remote that will fit the std 2-1/2" guage hole

By LSVLance (lsvlance) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 7:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone know if there is a wired remote that will work on my JVC head unit?

I don't have the model nummber with me, but it came in my 2001 LSV.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 7:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
JVC does offer a remote. Overtons carries it.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

By LSVLance (lsvlance) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I searched Overtons for JVC and\or remotes......I found Sony, Clarion, Jenson, and Kenwood but no JVC.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 9:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OOPs sorry I got confused with JBL!

Try checking there site. http://www.jvc.com/

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 1:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lance-

Prospec modified the JVC headunits found in last years boats to work with a wired remote. Someone over on MBO contacted them and found that they no longer perform that modification, and will not do single units.

They also manufacture the JBL headunit for HK, which explains why the remotes are almost identical to the older JVC models.

You'll have to upgrade to a new headunit if you want a wired remote, which isn't all bad, as you'll have the chance to move up to a remote that includes a display.

By LSVLance (lsvlance) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 2:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, that sucks.

I don't really want to buy a new head unit and it bugs the crap out of me to have to lift the armrest up everytime to adjust the volume.

I'm going to look into getting the head unit modified with an external remote reader that I can mount somewhere next to the remote that came with the head unit. That might look a little hick, but will still be easier than the other option.

By Dave (iliketoski) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 6:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lance,
You could also try an IR repeater. I know others have brought up and it looks like a good option, below is the site I last heard about. It looks like they have a new product for marine use that allows the use of access technologies sony remote on other brand head units. (as mentioned before the remote is on sale at Overton's. http://www.go2pac.com

(Message edited by iliketoski on January 29, 2003)

By Rob Wilgus (robw) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How about something like the Sony RM-X4S? What I would want to have is the controls on the steeing wheel like some cars do.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com