Boat Show Pricing Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Boat Show Pricing « Previous Next »
By Joel Chamaschuk (chuk) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 2:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My wife and I are considering buying a boat during the boat show. Understanding that this is the best time of the year to buy a boat, I'm interested in any of your comments about how much we can expect to negotiate from the asking price. Is it still reasonable to expect most companies to move by 10%?

Thanks in advance!

By Joe Sellhausen (joesell) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 6:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
10% at least, I would try for 20% and see how it goes.

By Bill (skionone) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 9:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Boat show prices are normally a already discounted price and you would be doing very well to get another 10% discount. You would be dreaming to get 20%.

By dane (greatdane) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 10:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think my wakesetter was 11% off of list at the SF boatshow in 2000. This was the walk up price. Then, I had them throw in a heater and a shower and some misc things (anchor, bumpers, ropes). And, it was a simple deal. I didn't want to push too hard.

By Joel Chamaschuk (chuk) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 1:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the feedback guys.

By Wes (pesos) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 2:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks to some great help from Jason and others on the board, i got 17-18% off msrp at the show last year. get in there early, they're gunning to make that first sale, and know your target.

good luck!
Wes

p.s. - yes everyone, i am still alive, but work is kicking my ass -- i've been at the office more than i've been home this week :-(

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 8:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Remember, it's not all about price!

Speaking as a dealer, one of the most important if not THE most important issues when buying a new boat, is the relationship you cultivate with your dealer. Ask the salesman how long he or she has been with the dealership. Does he or she actually ride? What experience do they have directly with the boat you are looking into? Go and meet the service manager and take a look around the service department. Is it clean, or does it look like the small engine repair shop from the movie "Sling Blade"? (Great movie, by the way).

In this economy, price is more at the forefront of buyers minds than ever before. But remember, service costs money. The dealer who is willing to drop his price for the sake of a sale is less likely to be able to afford to provide you with top quality service.

Don't stress during the buying process. This is supposed to be fun!

Matt

By Wes (pesos) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 8:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
good points Matt - since I store my boat much closer to the west coast distro/service center for correct craft that the dealership i purchased from, I didn't have to think too much about service... but it's definitely a consideration if you're going to have your service done right at your dealership.

and yes, the salesman/management is important. mastercraft and supra both lost my business right away after talking to my local salesmen...

By dane (greatdane) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hi Wes.

How is it dealing with the CC west coast service center? Can anyone get service there? That could make the SAN very compelling to a delta rider.

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dane: Anyone can take their Nautique to West Coast Correct Craft, They are the best Nautique service center on the west coast, and for all intense and perpous it is the West Coast Factory for Nautqine. They do every thing there from gel coat to interior repair, It's very clean there and they have some of the best Nautique mechanic's www.wccc.com

By Wes (pesos) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yes, they are solid. John Moore is a great guy. and it's so convenient to get up to Rancho compared to trying to schlep the boat down from the delta through east bay/peninsula traffic...

By Jeff Salem (jsalem) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was at the boat show this weekend what a zoo. I don't know about boat prices but I thought the discounts on accessories were a joke. 10% off tower prices with no negotiating being allowed by the manufacturing reps is a still a big rip off in my opinion. How about 20% at least?

By Dan Sullivan (danno) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, I'm just guessing, but I don't think that's the link you intended Grant. How about this one?

http://www.westcoastcorrectcraft.com/

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com