dynamat Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » dynamat « Previous Next »
By Ken (kschroeder) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 2:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
For all you out there that have dynamat in your aluminum speaker canisters. Did you add any other adhesive to make it stick to the inside? I lined my can's with dynamat last night and it doesn't seem to be sticking very well with just the adhesive on the back. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what kind of adhesive they've had succes with. Thanks --ken

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 7:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A heat gun will allow it to stick better and mold into shape. If possible setting it in the sun for a little while helps too.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 7:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is one of the problems with Dynamat. If anyone is looking for a similar product that will stick. Email me and I can hook you up with VMAX.

By Wastemore (barry) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
3M super 77!

B-

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 5:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Barry is correct 3M super 77 should work great.

By Ken (kschroeder) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where can one normally find that?

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Home Depot

By Fluid Concepts (jlembas) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 8:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ken,

When using dynamat it is extremely important to clean the surface (aluminum in this case) with a good cleaner like acetone. Once dried, heat the dynamat with a heat gun (or hair dryer) which will make it soft and pliable. This should do the trick. Use the 3M adhesive as a last resort. Be careful because the more material (adhesive)you put between the dynamat and the aluminum the less effective the dynamat will be.

Jerry Lembas
Fluid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com