NE1 got a 210 w/o speedo pickups Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » NE1 got a 210 w/o speedo pickups « Previous Next »
By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just curious if anyone has ordered or if it is possible to order a CC w/o the speedo pickups and instead have them hooked up to the PP paddle wheel.

Correct me if am wrong, but i think the x-star / x-2 only has the one paddle wheel for all of it. I know for sure that it does not have the pitot (term use?) pickups at the back. Just seems to make sense to me. Why have extra stuff on the back of the boat if you don't need them?

By dane (greatdane) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am pretty sure this is an option on BUs.
I will ask about retro-fitting my BU at the boat show this weekend.
I would hope CC has the option also.

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would also hope that it would be possible. But then again, they didn't seem very receptive to your gull-wing seat elimination proposal, which I find to be a shame.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 6:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's standard on all Malibu's for 2003 (Mastercraft made the change last year IIRC), so I would expect Nautique to make the change for next year.

Retrofitting the Malibu setup ends up being quite expensive. There was a lot of interest over on MBO last August when the changes were announced. I contacted Malibu and they filled me in with the changes that would be needed. With the change to the paddle wheel this year, a new MDC unit was installed to facilitate the new display mounted on the speedo. To add the paddle wheel you'll need a new MDC, new gauges and wiring harnesses.

It's too bad because it would be a great upgrade, although with Perfect Pass, I find I look at the speedo a lot less than I used to.

By Bob (bob) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason thats an understatement, if your going PP, wait till youve had it in the boat for a couple months before you decide to drop some bucks on an upgraded speedo system, the only time i look at my speed is on my pp to set the wanted speed before takeoff

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had PP WB PRO installed on my 01/02 X10. It came with Accuski from the factory (unimpressed). They removed all the speedo's and pick ups. All you need is the PP. It displays the speed you selected and current speed digitally. The system displays your actual speed even when you are not using PP to hold a particular speed.

Your speedo system essentially becomes water pickups that will clog or pump water into your boat when the pickup line finally fails.

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 9:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My point exeactly. Since the transom pickups are useless with the right setup and it is very strange to me that the SAN TE (which I think comes standard with the PP) would even have them installed. Sort of a thing of the past if you ask me.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com