Who makes this trailer? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Who makes this trailer? « Previous Next »
By Jessica (jess) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 6:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is a piture I scanned from the March 2003 issue of Wakeboarding magazine (page 40). Does anyone know who makes this trailer? I am thinking of getting a 210 TE, but have never liked any of the trailers I have seen with a Nautique. This one looks pretty nice.

By swass (swass) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 6:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Doesn't CC use Dorsey trailers?

By Jessica (jess) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 6:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
They use several different trailer companies, but I have never seen this one.

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 7:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is that a surge break housing at the very far front, almost under the truck? Or is does this trailer, whichever one it is, have the surge break housing inside the trailer frame like the MC and Supra trailers (and Malibus?), which I think looks much better.

By John Sorensen (johns) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 8:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It looks almost just like my setup. I have a Doresy trailer and the only difference i can see is the spare tire carrier is farther forward on my trailer. Check my profile for pic. I have more pictures but they are to big to post and I don't have any software to resize.

By Jessica (jess) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John

Your setup looks awesome. I sent you an email. Would you mind sending me some of the extra pitures you have?

By eljefepequeno (eljefepequeno) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 9:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looking at the area, I would probably have to say extreme. They service Nautiques in the Western states. You can find many good trailers for Nautique if you don't like the Ramlin nose-stop design. So far, I have found out that Eagle, Extreme, Dorsey, Ramlin, Prestige and Boatmate make trailers for Nautique. I have looked and priced them all for a '03 210, but am going with Boatmate for price with the options I want. It is going to be so SWEEETT!!! You might see Boatmate trailers on Supra's and Moombas.

By Jessica (jess) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 9:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you going through Boatmate as an individual or are you getting it through your dealer?

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So you gotta a MasterCraft Boat with a Malibu tower and you're looking to get a Correct Craft boat with a boatmate trailer. What happened, the local MC dealer treat you like garbage?

By Jessica (jess) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No, I want to buy the Mastercraft. However, I like the kick of the Nautique wake better, and it's a boat for wakeboarding so the wake matters (but, I'm not a pro so how much does it matter). The Nautique dealer is willing give us an incredible deal on a Team Edition just so we don't buy from the Mastercraft dealer - they will pretty much beat any price the MC dealer gives and have better service. Personally, I think MC builds a better boat (just my opinion no need for nautique fans to get upset). They are both awesome boats. It is just the little things that make me favor MC, but I don't think I can make a wrong choice between the two. However, one thing I can't get past is that the MC trailer is incredible, and I have yet to see a Nautique trailer that comes close in quality. Boatmate makes a pretty good trailer, and it levels the playing field a little bit in this field. If I had to choose a dealer, I would choose the Nautique dealer. If I had to choose a wake, I would choose the 210. But for every other detail, I would choose Mastercraft.

By Jessica (jess) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
One more thing, the reason I have a Titan tower is because we were looking to get the zero flex tower. Then, The Nautique dealer told us they would beat the price by 200$ if we got one of from them (they sell Malibu too). So we got an awesome tower cheaper, with free installation, and free board racks.

By eljefepequeno (eljefepequeno) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I went seperately through Boatmate, their prices were cheaper than Ramlin and Prestige and their are alot more options on how to personalize it, if you want that.
Anyway, Owen at Boatmate is a good guy, email info@boatmatetrailers.com, ask for Owen, and say that Jeff from STL recommended you. Let us know how it works out.

By JAY EISCHEN (goinhuge) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 2:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
IF IT IS DORSEY THEN IT IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE BEST TRAILERS YOU HAVE EVER HAD. OHH YEA THEY ARE MADE IN OKLAHOMA THAT IS WHY THEY WOULD BE THE BEST

By malibuwaker (malibuwaker) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not to offend but the Mastercraft trailers are pretty much junk. Not even in the same class as Dorsey or pretty much any other mfg. for that matter.

By Barry Micokiner (nohalfboats) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 8:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't get a ZIEMAN,THATS ZIEMAN, they don't honor their warranty but rather ignore e-mails and phone calls.

By Ronnie (ronnie) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 9:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
www.trailersbydorsey.com
E-Mail 'em a pic and ask if it is one of theirs. I have one under a Malibu and it is a great trailer. They were very helpful after I bought the boat and trailer from my dealer. I wanted a few accessories and they came through for me.

(Message edited by ronnie on January 26, 2003)

By Jessica (jess) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 5:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
malibuwaker:
Why do you say that about the Mastercraft trailers? Have you had a bad experience?

By Joe Shmoe (tige_joe) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hope your Dorsey trailers are nicer than the ones they provide for Tige. I think they rank right up there with Zeiman and MetalCraft trailers as the cheesiest on the planet! Malibu is using Extreme for their "factory" trailers. I've had 6 Extremes under my Tiges, with absolutely no warranty issues. Good luck in your decision.

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is that the same Extreme that makes the Zero Flex towers for Mastercraft? I see on their site that they list Malibu, Tige and Mastercraft on their partial client list.

Anybody know where they are based, TN? Wasn't able to find it on their site.

By swass (swass) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Extreme is based in California. I don't remember the city.

By Jeff Salem (jsalem) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If that is an Extreme Trailer I do believe they are located in Riverside, Ca. East of L.A.

By ChadB (wantboatnow) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 3:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It honestly doesnt look like a Extreme Trailer to me. From what Ive seen them look like, the guides are more towards the back of the trailer and not on the steps. Because it was from a CA dealer, I would say there is no way its a dorsey. Also, most trailers built in the mid/east have the type of fenders that drop down inbetween the two wheels, ie. the Supra trailers and mastercraft trailers.
It kind of looks like a V/M or maybe a DHM trailer.

By ChadB (wantboatnow) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 3:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I forgot one thing, for those of you talking about the Extreme Trailers, did anyone see the current Truckin magazine with the All Polished SS Malibu trailer? Its on page 216 and looks awesome

By joel treiger (trigx5) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 6:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I found a tower in boatinglife mag. one month that I had never seen on my boat before. I noticed a page at the beginning of the magazine that said email the editor, so thats what I did. I figured that I would never hear back but to my suprise he emailed me back within five minutes with the answer. I would just email the mag, they should know.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 9:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Eddie and Tom from Extreme Engineering have been building trailers since 1993. They are building Malibu factory trailers for the Merced plant as well as for most Tige' dealers in the western part of the country. I have been using their trailers since I opened my dealership in 1995 and have nothing but props for their product.

They also build for Lavey Craft, Eliminator, Dave's Custom Boats, Stingray, Ebb Tide just to name a few.

Now if Eddie would just work on his putting.....

http://www.extremetrailers.com/

Check them out!

Matt

By Matteo (matteo) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 12:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like a Pacific trailer to me. I've seen lots of them. I have a similar one for my Ski Nautique.

By Joe Shmoe (tige_joe) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You're probably right Matteo. Calif Correct Craft has been using Pacific Trailers for quite a few years now. They used to only make galvanized. But the last few have added a paint booth.....and are competing with the other guys. Not a bad product.

By Matt Anderson (xaggie) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
As far as I know I may be ignorant as to who makes MC trailers but we have pulled several for many years and they have NEVER given us a problem. Our latest one is great. Come on disk brakes, pivot tounge torsion axle and never oil bearings. Do the math, or need I go on. Anyhow not knocking all the others but they are the only ones besides Dorsey I have delt with (which is rusting at the joints).

By malibuwaker (malibuwaker) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 2:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Unless MC has changed something recently they are made with much smaller tube steel, fiberglass fenders and in all of the cases I have seen they only come with 2 bunks too support the weight of the boat. I have never heard of a problem with a Dorsey but if someone is having one contact them I am more than sure they will bend over backwards to correct any problems.

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
malibuwaker,

So the MC trailer "pretty much junk" beacuse they have a smaller tube, fiberglass fenders and only two bunks?

A am pretty sure the 23 foot ones have four bunks. I have no real preference on the fender material. The tubing seems to be adequate, and at least it is tubing as opposed to rails.

But what they come standard with that I like is:

Boat buddy
Torsion axle suspension
Disc brakes
Oil bath bearings
Rollers under prop guard
Pivot tongue
A low profile boat position
Trailer built for the exact hull with the bunks and rollers adjusted for it
Trailer guides with rollers
Top of fender step
Backup lights
And the in-frame surge break housing

As long as I can get most of those things and avoid the incredibly ugly stop gates that most trailer for the Nautis seem to have , I would be happy.

The Extreme trailers (I guess standard for the Malibus) do look pretty nice to me.

By Al O (alo) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 6:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2002 MC trailer which i really like. i did have an brokwn axel while in storage this winter. other than that i think it is one of the finest trailers out there.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com