X-Stars & SAN - What problems have yo... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » X-Stars & SAN - What problems have you had? « Previous Next »
By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 9:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just curious to hear what issues people have had with their recent model x-stars/x-2s or SANs/210s? I realize that most of the things are covered by warranty, but seems to me that a lot of things shouldn't have to happen at all. I mean if you are paying as much for the "perfect" boat, why should you have to take it in to have things fixed constantly. I have never had a car w/ a broken fuel gauge...

The things I know from personal experience and other posts are:

X-stars: ballast pumps issues

SAN: broken fuel gauge, low pressure in fuel-pump so temperamental to start, broken rear locker mechanism, broken throttle clicker so there is no resistance between forward and reverse

Marine environment or not, it is not as these boats are brought out on the high seas.

By leonard hollifield (calawho) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 10:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i had a ballast pump issue with an xstar but it was fixed quickly and they have resoloved the issue. other than that- no issues with the xstar. i love it. SAN- can't help ya there.

By RTMunroe (rtm) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
x-star problem:

Eager riders not always bringing gas money along.

On another note, my tower did crack (2000 X-star zero flex) was easily fixed by a teak (Sp??) welder for a case of beer. Must have just been a bad weld originaly but it started opening up on one of the original welds. Clocked about 50hrs. since repair and no re-occurance.

By Dan Sullivan (danno) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 2:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"TIG" welding (stands for Tungsten Inert Gas)

Nautique.. naturally, no problems whatsoever.

Ok, ok, after 2 years, the digital display on the speedometers started to fade away. Dealer replaced at no cost. Can't think of anything else significant, but it wasn't (quite) new when we bought it, so I can't say for certain.

By Dan Sullivan (danno) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
btw, I have had (new) cars just as expensive as the boat with expensive things like broken fuel gauges.

By John Sorensen (johns) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 2:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
99 X-star Demo w/ 70 hrs. I put 230hrs on it & had a problem with the engine sputtering while accelerating. I talked with MC and Indmar about the problem. This issue was suppose to be under warranty but both companies would not take blame or help resolve the problem. Indmar told me that it was a fuel supply(fuel pump)issue and I had to deal with MC. MC told me the fuel pump was part of the engine and I would have to deal with Indmar. It was quite frustrating with everyone passing the buck.

02 Team Super bought new in July 02, have put 40Hrs on it so far, had a speedometer go out but that is it. I have a perfect pass so it did not matter. One key factor that MC or other manufactures do not have is the 5-Year Stern to Transom warranty. This is suppose to cover all OEM items that normally would only carry a 1-2year warranty.

Most Manufactures have a lifetime hull warranty anyway so the rest of the boat is comprises of OEM and aftermarket parts. I hope I get a little better service out of the Nautique and not have the run around like I did with my MC. I guess the future will tell me.

By O'Malley (buckey) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 2:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
2001 launch..180+ hrs...not one problem! cough. cough

By Kristoffer Knutsson (kristoffer) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 3:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
CC and MC have problems just like all the other companys.

By Kyle (lfxstar) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 4:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ive had an array of problems with my 01 xstar,
tranny seal cracked, ballast, cd player breaks all the time, the radio hardly works, starter blew twice, bilge pump does not work, battery dies all the time with nothing running to kill it, and i have to bring it in again because when i put it in water, the water just comes into the boat, ballast disconected from pump, big pain in the ass when i realized it was pumping into the boat...would you like more, all i have to say is go for a nautique. the positives have been the ladies love it, my riding has improved ten fold and my is huge (2500-3000lbs)

By utah rider (davidbouvier) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
2002 SAN. no problems... YET!

By O'Malley (buckey) on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 3:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
fredrik. where do you ride in annap.. we ride on middle river in da heart of essex, hon.

By Shawn Burke (02wakesettervlx) on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 6:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,

You have a five year transom to stern warranty? So the back of your boat is covered for five years. That's great. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I think you meant bow to stern.

By John Sorensen (johns) on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 6:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shawn,

Ha Ha, good one!! When I was proof reading before posting I thought that sounded wierd but posted anyway. Yes, I meant bow to stern! Thanks for the Clarification.

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 6:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for all the info. Seems from this limited poll that people have had better luck with their CCs than MCs. Which is kinda surpirising to me as our 96 MC has not given us any grief but for a high idle that was taken care of by cleaning the throttle body and injection.

Also just remeber a brand new 2001 SAN that we rode behind that year had the guagues completely filled with condensation to the point of not working, and the battery kept getting drained by some electronics issue.

John, sorry to hear about your issues with MC / Indmar passing the buck. That sucks. From what I have heard (although from a dealer so take it for what it is), seems like you would be less likely to run into that runaround with your CC.

Buckey, we usually ride the Severn or the South River. Never have ventured up towards the Middle, how is it?

By John Sorensen (johns) on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 7:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Fredrik,
My problem with the boat was not that big a deal as it drove fine for the most part. Just while acclerating it would hestiate, sputter or it even backfired a couple times. Other than that I was very happy with the boat. My X-star did not have a perfect pass or auto-ballast and if I was more mechanically inclined I would have added these items myself and still been happy with it. I just got boat fever all over again and decided I wanted what I thought was the best WB on the market. I would own another MC in a heartbeat. I also made a decision to go with Nautique based on the dealers service reputation as well.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com