Big Air Tower Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Big Air Tower « Previous Next »
By SAM BROWN (sbrown) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 8:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I want to put a tower on my 1991 tri-star. I'm looking at the Big Air Tower, any suggestions?

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 1:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do not get it. I had this tower on a Sea Ray. The paint chipped off on the first tower. They sent me a replacement. The paint chipped off on it too.

Also, it is a serious pain in the butt to install. You have to drill approx. 22 holes to assemble it, and it's stainless steel. It took me 8 hours to make the holes, and if you get one wrong...good luck. Shell out the extra 300 and get something else.

By SAM BROWN (sbrown) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 3:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the input. What tower would you recomend?

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 4:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm looking towards WAKEAIR they make a nice tower that would look good on my old nauti 2001 they have 3 styles and 2 of them are not as swoop looking as all the new towers so they look good on the older boats just my 2 cents

By Randy Gillar (rgillar) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 5:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Only complaint i had was that the mounts stuck out too far away from the boat, making docking difficult. I too installed it on a SeaRay, and yes, you did have to drill a lot of holes, but that is the norm for generic towers. Once I figured out that i should use the provided drill bits, it went quick.
All told, a good tower for the money. Support was good too.
Mine wasn't powder coated, so can't comment on the chipping.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com