Board Racks on FCT Tower? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Board Racks on FCT Tower? « Previous Next »
By Luke Tingley (cryptic22) on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 11:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has anyone added additional wakeboard racks to a CC Tower? If so, which ones worked best? Where did you mount them?

I was thinking about mounting another set on each side below the flight clips. Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

By Shawn Burke (02wakesettervlx) on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 1:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Try to get in touch with Patrick Adams. He has some of the nicest board racks that I've ever seen on his FCT. I believe that the clamps are Double Fisted, but the forks are something else. I'm not too sure. Whatever racks he is running, are way nicer than the Flight Clips.

By dane (greatdane) on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 1:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The CC Flight Clips are easy to beat.

By Luke Tingley (cryptic22) on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 2:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was planning on leaving the Flight Clips on, and just adding additional ones below them, not replacing the Flight Clips all together.

Thanks for the info Shawn.

By Patrick Adams (patrick_adams) on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 3:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, the mounts are manufactured by double fisted for Sky Jac, but the racks are Sky Jac. Checkout www.skyjac.com for details. I love the racks. They fit nicely and look nice with my brushed tower. You can get mounts for the flat FCT bar or the round tube. I am thinking of adding racks below my existing ones on the round tube.

Thanks for the compliment Shawn. Now if I can get my stereo up to your standards!!!!!

By Luke Tingley (cryptic22) on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 5:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the info Patrick.

By Dan Schneidau (gotpwr) on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 5:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Since everyone on here seems to hate the CC Flight Clips, does anyone have a set they have pulled off a FCT and is willing to sell at a reasonable price? I've been wanting to add them to my '00 FCT but the dealer wants over $400 for a set of new ones.

(Message edited by gotpwr on January 20, 2003)

By badzuki (badzuki) on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 6:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Patrick did you goto midwest wakefest/boardfest in Ottawa, Ill last year? Will you be there this year?

By Patrick Adams (patrick_adams) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 6:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
badzuki

Yes, we went to Boot Camp and MWWF last year and definitely plan on attending this year. A great time was had by all and I highly recommend it.

By Ridin' High (ridinhigh) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 9:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like my CC Flight Clips...

By John Sorensen (johns) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 10:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love the CC Flight Clips as well, I am not really sure why anyone dislikes them. I had the Skylon boardrack on my X-star and they were always coming loose & rattling.

By badzuki (badzuki) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 1:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Patrick-
Last year we had the blue X-star. I am not sure I remember seeing you. This year We will be pulling Lukes 210 Team out there. We will see you there. No doubt that was event was a blast!!

By trace (trace) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 2:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
email me for excellent prices on Skyjac product. i've been using the new racks for about a year now and they're awesome.

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 2:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shawn; Thoes rack's look cool . "I want some". I like the Nautiques Logo on the arm (It sold me).
The flight clips work great I don't know what Dane is reffering to when he said they are easy to beat. They hold the boards in a angle that they are not in contact with other board's when you tie up to other boats. It's a pain when the boards are banging againts each other when 2 boats are tied together the Flight clips could have a better system for tying down the boards the bungee coard's sometimes get stuck between the board's making it hard to get to. What are the Invert Racks going for $$

By Luke Tingley (cryptic22) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shawn those look pretty cool. Where did you find those pics? I noticed they weren't on their website. I didn't have any intentions of replacing my Flight Clips though, I just wanted another set of racks to place on the bar below them.

By Shawn (csquared) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 2:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Luke, you can get those same racks for the bottom bar of the FCT, it just uses a different clamp. They make a round clamp that is the right size for the lower bar. Since I already have a set of racks on the lower bar, I wanted a set for the upper bar (I don't have the clips). The pics are of the latest version with clamps for the upper bar. I had placed an order for these a while back that has been delayed due to modifications and the production of the clamps you see above. Jim at Nvert sent me the pics to show how things were coming along.

Nvert was running a special before X-mas where the racks were $199 each. They are listed at $289 now. Maybe they will bring back the special if there is interest from here??

(Message edited by csquared on January 21, 2003)

By Luke Tingley (cryptic22) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 3:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the info Shawn. I sent them an email.

By Matthew Bird (ldr) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 7:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey grant you should give kevin a call about the new nvert racks because he just got hooked up with them, They'll also be at the boat show in pleasanton. did my dad get those malibu tracks from you yet? I know he does want them. I'll remind him if he hasn't.

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 10:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Mat: Yes I heard that you got to try out some of the "New Racks" on you Dad's X-Star, Sweet. Yes I called your house and left a message I never heard back from anyone so I took back the tracks and used them for Store Credit towards A Carbon Accurate handle, Woop's E-mail me with you # Thanks G

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com