Driving with Perfect Pass Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Driving with Perfect Pass « Previous Next »
By Tom (tcaton) on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just installed wakeboard pro Saturday and have not tried it yet was wondering if you have to do anything or does it keep the speed. the way the servo mounts I dont see how it can increase speed if the boat slows down. The servo is not a push pull type and I dont see how it can increase speed if needed.

By Ryan (ocrider) on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 9:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom,

When the PP is on and set to certain speed, it will take over once you get within 1 mph of that set speed. From there, you just let go of the throttle until you decide to stop.

It's almost exactly like cruise control in your car. As soon as you tap the brake, it disengages. With PP as soon as you throttle back it disengages. Otherwise the servo will pull/release to maintain the set speed. Remember that the throttle linkage has a spring to keep it closed, so PP can just release some pressure and the boat will slow down, tighten up and the boat will speed up.

Ryan

By Tom (tcaton) on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 10:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan since the servo cable is mounted on the other side that the throttle cable is how can it speed up it would have to push the throttle and I dont see how since it not made to push just pull unlike a car cruise controll that is on the same side as the throttle cable so it would pull to increase speed and slack off to decrease speed

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 10:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom you must give the motor more throttle than required, that way under normal speed the PP servo has let out 1 or 2 inches of slack, if more throttle is required the servo can recover some of the slack and increase the engine power. Had me stumped till I installed it too.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com