STEREO ? . . . Are all the colored wi... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » STEREO ? . . . Are all the colored wires the same? « Previous Next »
By Justin Waterson (jwat142) on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 9:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am taking out an old tape player in my boat and replacing it with a cd player. I just wanted to make sure that the colored wires on the tape deck are the same thing as the colored wires on the cd player. I'm pretty sure each color means the same thing on all cd players, etc., but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for any help.

By Scott Schroeder (buttskimmer) on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 8:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
When all else fails - read the instuctions!
Each deck manu. use their own color code. Same as boat manu. Mark them as you disconnect them.
~S~

By charlie alexander (charlie) on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 1:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Justin, Scott gives good advice. There is, in fact a defacto color code standard for audio but it is clearly dependent on whether or not the manufacturer bothered to adhere to it. Take a few minutes to isolate your speaker lines, mark them as to which is positive on each line and go from there, the power lines should be easy to identify, but like Scott says, I wouldn't trust the color coding unless both units are from a major manufacturer. When I switched out my boat radio all the colors were exactly the same, but my buddy had one that was really bizzare. just my .02 cents worth.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com