Paddle wheel Hole for Perfect Pass Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Paddle wheel Hole for Perfect Pass « Previous Next »
By Tom (tcaton) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 10:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'am installing perfect pass this weekend and was wondering what kind of hole saw people have used to cut the hole for the paddle wheel. regular steel hole saw or a carbide tipped saw. I dont want to crack the gel coat.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
good question as i am installing next week.

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just use hole saw and put some masking tape on the gel coat before you start drilling. If you start from the inside, stop when the small bit goes through the bottom and finish hole from the bottom side of boat to stop the gelgoat from flaking.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
if you are drilling from the bottom would you still put tape on the outside? will that help?

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, put the tape on the outside covering the gelcoat. About four inches wide.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
will do.

thanks

By Chase Tennyson (tennyson0) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We didn't do anything but drill it with a regular hole saw and it worked fine! Just make sure the hole saw is newer and sharp and the tape probably won't hurt either!

By Tom (tcaton) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty which one did you end up getting pro or cruise I got the pro for 850.00 I'am going to use a carbide tipped hole saw just to be safe it will cut much cleaner in fiberglass than a steel saw worth the 5 extra buck to be safe.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I went with the cruise for a very good deal. I don't have the extra loot to spend and my speedo's are pretty accurate. I am just happy to have it.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 1:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was looking at you profile. I used to ride a vero for a long time.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 1:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Besides I just spent money putting in my ballast system. Will be about 800 pounds of weight when all done. Now I just need to buy new bindings.

By john (john) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 1:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Okay Tom....Where'd you get the Pro for only $850?
( If you can't divulge here, would you shoot me an e-mail? )

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Another way of insuring you don't crack the gelcoat is to run the drill in reverse to slowly grind away the gelcoat. Once you've got a groove started, then you continue to drill normally. You definitely don't want a huge chunk of gelcoat flaking off the bottom of your boat!

By Tom (tcaton) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John I got it through my dealer they threw me a killer deal and all I had to do was help them pack up after the boat show.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 2:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out this page for details on the correct procedure for installing the paddle wheel.

That's a sweet deal Tom!

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 3:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
cool thanks

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com