Maintance Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Maintance « Previous Next »
By twakess (twakess) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was wondering if you guys that had new boats, Lube like the stering cable throttle cable pretty much moving parts. If so what do ya do and how offten, also what products do you guys us?

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 10:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put a little graphite on the trottle linkage at the carb/throttle body to keep that from seizing or getting friction.

I would say pulling the steering cable every few years and lubing it up would be a good idea.

Also check your strut bushing regularly.

I checked my shaft alignment when I bought my boat, and it was off. That is always good to check annually.

Put some shite lithium grease on all the wire connections on the engine.

Spray Pennzoil corrosion spary on the engine mounts, shaft coupler, transmission case, starter, etc. when needed. That spray is AWESOME stuff.

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll bet that's supposed to be 'white' not 'shite' lithium grease

The shite grease only works when it's hot out - and it smells bad

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Craig, how do you check the shaft alignment yourself? I would like to check mine out this spring

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good question. Hard to answer though. Loosen all the bolts on the drive shaft coupler at the transmission. Slid it apart a tiny bit. Then put a .010" feeler guage in at the top (12 o-clock position) of the gap between the coupler and transmission. Then without moving the coupler, slide the feeler in at the bottom (6 o-clock position). It should fit exactly as it did on the top. But you can have up to .003" off in either direction (.007" - .013"). Then do the same at the 3 and 9 o-clock positions.

Like I said you can only have up to .003" off at any point. If it is more than .003" you have to start moving the engine around. That's when the funs comes in, and I don't have the stamina to type that much right now. :-) If your measurement is off let me know and I will tell you how to move the engine.

By twakess (twakess) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks guys

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com