Wheres the weight .....Xstar Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Wheres the weight .....Xstar « Previous Next »
By David Fletcher (david_fletcher) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 8:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where do people put extra weight on the 02 xstar? I was thinking of an extra 200 pound sac on each side of engine next to KGB an some lead up front, but wanted advice from people who have already experimented with this

By Shawn Jessup (bigjessup) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put a pair of V-drive sacs in the back, #350 each. And a pair of letsgoride.com stiffy sacs under the fronts seats #250 each. And if its just me and my bro put another stiffy sac on the back bench seat. All I can say is it a whole lot of fun, but watch out for triple ups, you might break the moat in half, the HUGE!!

By matt moss (mossy44) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i put a #350 on each side in the back next to the engine and then a #700 sac in the bow. pretty darn big if ya ask me!!

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 4:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
matt, or ? whats it like when you come off plane with 700lbs. in the bow? any water come over?

By Blake (whirly) on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 4:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, in 2001 I put two side sacs up front under the seat cushions in the bow. I also put two 60 pounds dumbbells in very back of the ski lockers. I then put 2 50 lbs dumb bells in the front of the ski locker and finally 2 50's in the middle of the boat about. Then I put a tube sac in the bow of the boat. Makes a killer wake.

By gid (whazzup) on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 11:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got a 97 XStar and I got 2 tanks (350lbs each) on the sides of the engine, 1 Launch pad (550lbs) in the rear, 100lbs in front under the seats, 500lbs near the driver and passenger seats.

By Kyle (lfxstar) on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 8:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok this is what chad sharpe ran in the X-Star at a tourny about a year ago. he had two5 550s in the vdrive compartment, lead under all the seats, another 550 in the front and some more lead in the front, and i ruhn the same thing about. i can attest that it will be the biggest wake you have ever seen, guaranteed.. whatever you do, throw 550s in the back instead of 300's it just adds on so much more height

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com