Need bags or sacks for sand and lead?... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Need bags or sacks for sand and lead? What kind?? « Previous Next »
By Justin Waterson (jwat142) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 2:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a bunch of lead tire weights that I want to put in some type of bag or sack so I can set them in my boat. I was thinking like a heavy duty cloth sack or a nylon one, but I have no idea where to get something like this. Anybody have any good suggestions on what to use and where to get it?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 2:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
letsgoride.com has sand bags. for lead get the dip it stuff at the hardware store and paint them. it makes a rubber finish.

By sean tribe (tribal) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 3:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sea kayaking dry bags make awsome sandbags.Waterproof, will never leak, available in all different shapes and sizes,will last forever and are cheap.

By John Kittler (justridin) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw someone at my lake put lead tire weights in plastic gas containers. They come in various sizes, have a handle so they are easy to move, and are less likely to burst open like a bag might. Not as flexible for placement in the boat however.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
5 gallon water jug or icechest...?

By Justin Waterson (jwat142) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 7:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, I went to find some bags tonight and I think I found the perfect thing. I ended up getting those nylon bags that are used when you go camping to puet either a sleeping bag in or anything else you want to. They are water resistant and very strong. I got them at a camping and outdoor store.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com