Boat Alarms Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Boat Alarms « Previous Next »
By Greg (oaf) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I see that a lot of you have some nice stereo systems. Do you have an alarm system of some type to keep the system or worse your boat from getting stolen. My concern is, though it has not happened to me, my boat will be stolen or the system will be stolen. I am usally at the river below needles and we all leave our boats in the water while we are there. I have heard some stories of guys having there systems stolen or the boat. Do any of you use one of the motion detctor alarms that cost about $35 so if someone does enter the boat it will sound a loud alarm? If so how does it work well.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I did mine. use magentic switches. the radar and proximity sensors do not work. Also use a shock sensor on the dash if not in other spots also.

By Linda Chamaschuk (lchamaschuk) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 12:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd be really interested in any responses. Our boat was stolen in October, just found the other day (just as we were about to get a cheque). I've heard about kill switches that you can install on the boat-but thiefs might be able to find them. Our next boat (or the current one if we are forced to accept it), will have better security, but I don't know what that is yet.

The audible alarm is only good if someone is around to hear it. Our boat was moored in a marina, and in the middle of the night, unless is someone was sleeping in their boat, it wouldn't have helped.

Ty-what are magnetic switches?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 1:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
An audible alarm might scare people away though. Just get a basic car alarm and have them install the ignition kill switch. It is cheap and worth it in that case. When on the trailer, get one of the gorrilla guard things that go over the hitch receiver and get a locking pin if you have a removable neck. I can help you out with all if you need any assistance drop me an email. read this also:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/37220.html

By Linda Chamaschuk (lchamaschuk) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gotcha - now I understand the magnetic switches.

We have the gorilla guard and locking pin, but it was in the marina when stolen :-(

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That sucks
get a car alarm and on top of being very noisy, put the ignition kill on it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com