VLX Factory Sub Placment Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » VLX Factory Sub Placment « Previous Next »
By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just a thought... Anyone else have a VLX with the factory Infinity Subwoofer mounted under the passenger side dash? Where you can't hear it very well! Anyone ever drive around the lake with the seat back open to get some decent sound out of it? I have! This year I decided to attempt to move it to the drivers side under the dash. With a few hours labor and some 1" Aluminum angle pieces I was able to get it wedged up in their pretty good. It was tight since I also have the heater up there. But it can be done and the results were definatly worth it. And you get some added extra space back under the passanger seat! I don't have any pictures but I will try and get some, since I'm sure someone will ask!

Sorry about the spelling on the title... I can't spell very well...

(Message edited by aneal000 on January 16, 2003)

By Bob (bob) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 4:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i dont have a vlx but i did the same thing as you, i had my first sub up under the passenger side dash then put it up under the driver side dash-out in the open- it made a hell of a difference, those of you who dont have 1000 watts to just drive a sub (like me-300)should look into putting it out in the open more and feel the difference

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 5:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
300 watts look at the jl or the elemental designs.

By Allen Oblak (aoblak) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 7:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been thinking about either putting another sub in or moving the one from Malibu's stock location. The only problem is that I have a heater also

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 7:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
if you do a free air application with the right sub it will rock.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
so who thinks there would be room for two infinity perfect 12's under the drivers side of an LXI, in 1 cu ft sealed boxes? I currently have them in the passenger side and it is true...when the seat is open it is hella louder. I don't like the idea of drilling holes in my seat support to let the sound out.

t

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
love the perfects. somebody on this site drilled one hole about 2 inches and covered it with a pvc or abs drain cap and it looked great.

By Allen Oblak (aoblak) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
DOes anyone have any idea of what the perfect application would be, or what free air sub to use.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much power are you running? the adire audio shiva works great and for very high power I use an orion hcca 12 but you need 600+ watts for the orion. there are a couple more but the shiva is the best.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
if your amp does not have one get an inline subsonic filter to reduce over excursion and you can play it a ton louder. i recommend it and they can be had for around 15.00 at ampmanaudio.com as with the shiva for 125 delivered from them.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
sean majik on this site did the shiva application also you are thinking about and he will tell you it rocks.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
do a search here on the shiva

By Sean M (magic) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tony, I have a Shiva running free in front of the driver's legs in my Cal-Air. I'm pushing it with ~150watts from an Xtant amp and have the amp's subsonic filter set around 30hz.

To add a little extra bump, I put an Ecplise Ti 12" in a sealed box under the observer's seat. To add in my quest for mo' betta bass, I drilled 4 vents in to the base of the seat. I finished these with ABS drian hole covers that I found at Home Depot for ~$1.50 each. I also drilled holes thru the cup holders in the dash too. This all helped to get the sound out itto the boat. I'm also giving the Ecplise about 150watts off an Xtant amp, even with that "little" power it rocks.

I'll look for some pics that took, but I'll not be able to post them till next week some time.

When I get a chance one of these weekends, I am going to build a new box for the space infront of the driver's legs. I'm going to try and give that Shiva about 1.5ft^ to work with. If that will not fit, I'll put one of the JL10W6s I have sitting in the garage in there sealed. I know .6ft^ will fit and then I'll build a new box for the Shiva and replace the Ecplise with it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com