Winterizing Question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Winterizing Question « Previous Next »
By Joanna Long (mrsjl) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 7:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

Hey all, was wondering if you could help me out on this.
I have an 02 XStar and need to winterize. I take the boat out every other week, so what all needs to be done.

Wouldn't think that fuel stabilizer would be needed if I am running gas thru the engine.

Any advice? Please!!!

Thx,
JL

By Ken (kschroeder) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have just been draining the water out of my engine block and v-drive unit... No stabilizer should be needed. I've been triing to get mine out atleast once a month through the winter.

By Joanna Long (mrsjl) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 7:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ken,
Thanks, is it hard to drain the water out of the engine block?

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 8:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you're taking teh boat out every other week, there's no need to 'winterize'. You're in Austin.

Does the temps get to the mid 20s? If not, no worries. If you are concerned, a drop light wiht a 75 watt bulb will keep the ice out.

By Joanna Long (mrsjl) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 8:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

Matt,
Cool thanks for the help. It will get to the mid 20's a few times this year, but not too often.

By Ken (kschroeder) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It should not be hard to drain the engine if you wish.. I have a 02 SAN so I assume they are somewhat similar... There are 5 brass drain plugs on the engine and two steel ones on the v-drive unit.. It takes me about 30 minutes to drain mine, but like Matt said unless it get's below the mid 20's and for over a day or two I wouldnt' worry to much about it.

By DJL (dholio) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You will have 4 plugs on your engine. 2 block plugs and 2 manifold plugs. Drain your trans cooler too.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com