Hey where are all the Tige' bashers? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Hey where are all the Tige' bashers? « Previous Next »
By Rod Hymas (xrated) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Whats up? I read this site nearly every day and I dont believe there has been a lively Tige' bash for weeks. C'mon Doug and the rest of you, your letting the whole community down.

By matt (supraman) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 7:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tige really stepped up with that lifetime plus $10K warranty and offered Doug a brand new boat of his choice. That was a fairly effective one-two punch to shut up the critics. However, another thread recently pointed out the price-creep that has taken place over at tige, which is an altogether different, but interesting issue.

By swass (swass) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 8:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
All things being equal, I'll still choose the boat that does not rely on wood for structural integrity, regardless of the warranty.

Buy what you want to buy and don't worry about everyone else thinks.

By John Kittler (justridin) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree with swass "All things being equal". Most boat builders install two foam filled fiberglass stringers. One builder installs two air filled fiberglass stringers and believe in that process enough to show us. Picture attached was taken at the New York Boatshow last year. Tige installs four stringers that are fiberglass but have a wood core (or are wood covered with fiberglass depending what your bias is). This happens to be the same type of core material that Hyperlite and Liquid Force use in their most expensive wakeboards and those companies know a bit about manufacturing techniques. I am sure that Tige could build boats without wood but then what would we discuss here? You can decide with your wallet what "equal" is then "Buy what you want to Buy and don't worry about what everyone else thinks".

There ya go Rod. That should get things going!
Stringer

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 9:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are those the same wakeboards that keep breaking.

By swass (swass) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 9:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought my comment was rather innocuous, but I guess not. I really wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, but I should've known better.

Do I need a series of Rabies shots now?

(Message edited by swass on January 15, 2003)

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Swass.

I now have my word for the day. You should see the look on my mechanics faces when I throw out phrases with words like that.

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rod, I think pretty much everyone on the site is sick of the game. The intelligent ones have moved on to more productive coversations.

By Bill (skionone) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very well put Jim. You guys continue to "Beat a Dead Horse"!

By John Kittler (justridin) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry swass, I did not mean to take a bite out of you. Must be grouchy due to the cold Canadian winter currently upon us.

My post should have simply read: All things being equal, I'll choose the boat that has four solid core stringers backed by a respectable warranty.

The rest is obvious: Buy what you want to buy and don't worry about everyone else thinks.

You guys are right. Stay away from the light.....

By swass (swass) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gotta love those oblique insults. Keep up the good work, Jim.

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 8:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I almost miss the Tige bashing, it was entertaining even being a Tige owner! The wood issue does not bother me, I keep my boat dry(as possible) and or dry it out before storage at the end of all trips anyway. but the price of the Tige is now about equal to or close to the upper end and will be looking at all brands this year when I go shopping for a new boat.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi John,

68 and sunny today. Sold a boat this morning and played golf this afternoon...what book are you reading this winter?

Matt

By John Kittler (justridin) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Matt,

Congrats of the boat sale. Does not get much better than that as a day at the office. No time to any good read books this winter. We have three boatshows here in the next six weeks. You should come up for the largest one Feb 14-17. Help us out at the show a bit and head to the mountains for some skiing or a snowmobile trip. Rod would gladly take you out. It would keep him from posting here for a while.

John

By John Kittler (justridin) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 10:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I must be a bit dyslexic this morning (or distracted thinking about those boatshows). Above should read .... "No time to read any good books this winter." .......

By Barry Micokiner (nohalfboats) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 4:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
working on their less than adequate boats i would assume!

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 7:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tige' rulz, but I wouldn't be caught dead in one of them. Bad for my image and sick of swimming them back to shore. Actually, I have been busy. Tige's numbers are looking bad, dealers closing and etc. and even for me its hard kicking someone when their down.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 11:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,

I'd love to come up and help but our show is the week after. I wish you guys were down here enjoying this 75 degree day! The weather has been EPIC!

Good luck at the shows.

Matt

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com