X-Star How much fuel? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » X-Star How much fuel? « Previous Next »
By Matt Royle (the_pimp) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 11:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guys I've bought a 98 X and I want to get an idea of how much fuel it's gonna use ......... 315hp Black Scorpion engine, 32 gallon tank, how many hours will I get out of it before a refill?? And yes I realise it depends on how much weight/bodies are in the boat .......... what have you guys experienced.
Cheers
Matt

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The black scorp is 330hp. The MPI is 315. On the weekend trips where you ride all day, plan on filling up at the end of the day, every day.

By Shawn (csquared) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 2:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine and friends boats, all with 5.7Lish motors, use about 6 gallons an hour when riding (based on the engine hour meter). Pretty constant +/- no more than a gallon an hour regardless of weight and people.

By Zack Stewart (raider40) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got an 02 X and Chris' comments are pretty accurate. If you add sacs to the stock ballast be prepared to fill up every time you go to the lake.

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 12:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think I'm around 6-7 per hour boarding.

By Matt Royle (the_pimp) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 1:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know the boats bigger and heavier than my old '83 Stars & Stripes (used to reckon on getting near enough a days intermittent boarding before refill, had much smaller tank about 11? gallons as well) and that had a 5.8 with a juice guzzling double barrel Holley on top ............. so I expected it to be fairly comparable given the efficiency of EFi.......
Just have to start getting more petrol money off my mates ..........

By John Jared (jjared) on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 6:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 02 XStar and depending on the weight you can get as good as 2.5 and go as high as 4-5 gph. I never run out in one day but I would not be able to get two days on the weekend out of it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com