Powder Coated Towers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Powder Coated Towers « Previous Next »
By Lori Wulff (wakegurl) on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 8:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone have any experience with powder coated towers like on Malibu? I like some of the colored towers, but not if they will just get scratched. Any help for a wakegurl?

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 9:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Powder coating is more resistant to scratching then paint. This is why manufacturers use powder coating over paint.

By charlie alexander (charlie) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
mine is powder coated. I agree it is a hard coat and more resistant to scratches, but I definitely have some right now that I would like to touch up. I haven't found any way to touch them up. I wonder if somebody makes some type of touch up paint for power coated finishes?

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 8:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a Powder Coated Tower on my Nautique. I don't know why but my boat came with a satin or semi gloss finish, All other Nautques have a High gloss finish. I didn't order it this way I think the gloss is easyer to clean and looks nicer. Also most after market stuff Like lights and speakers come in a hig gloss finish

By Paul Vecchione (gherk) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 10:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the black FCT on my SAN and I have been considering getting it powder coated to a different color. Is it hard to re-powder coat the towers a different color. Any ideas on price?

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 11:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know it was a $400 extra charge to get your tower powder coated when I orderd my boat. When you order a custom color tower the place where they pick the boats up from. For me it West Coast Correct Craft would give the dealer a bare Aluminum tower not installed on the boat the dealer would have the tower powder coated (local) and then install it on your boat. SO I would say you should pay no more that $600 dollars to have you FCT tower sandblasted and re-powder coated. you would have to pay extra to have it taken off and put back on. You can do it your self (take it off) in about 3o min

By WakinVol (jlm) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 6:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm debating having mine powder-coated. I have the Zero-Flex brushed aluminum, but the only problem is that nothing else on my boat is that color. Only the ski pylon and you can't see it from the outside. I'm thinking black to match the windshield and trim stripe......any suggestions.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 7:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a trailer frame sand blasted and powdercoated. It was way more work then a tower and only cost $150.00.

Friend of mine just had his done I will ask him what he paid.

By WakinVol (jlm) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 9:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the price I was quoted was $150. Reasonable...I guess

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com