Bayliner 185 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Bayliner 185 « Previous Next »
By Andrew Cain (gordy) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 10:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My dad just bought this bought with a high ski pole on it.
it doesnt get delivered for a week..would this be a good boat to wakeboard behind??

By Andrew Cain (gordy) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 10:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i mean bought this boat....

By tony clement (tmas) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 5:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i had a bayliner and traded it for my sanger, it was a great way to decide how serious we were going to be about wakeboarding, why spend 40,000 and not be sure if its enjoyable? one thing i did notice was the tow hook in the back came loose after 7 days of boarding and tubing on lake shasta this summer. good luck with the boat and have a great time!

By johnathan grady (pimpdaddygrady) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 5:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
bayliners r great all around boats...luxurious, trusty mercruiser power, and good for all water sports too...u'll b pleased

By wallyworld (wallyworld) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 5:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
just weigh it down and have fun!!!!

By Wastemore (barry) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 6:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I rode a Bayliner 175 for a year.. it threw up a good wake for our level of riding and a few of my buddies were able to do inverts without any problems. I actully liked the thing a lot. I was able to trim the wake to make riding/wake size comfy for anyone.
It'll probably do better then you expect. Throw about 500lbs in the bow, that was out best config.

B-

By CBrown (powdrhound) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 3:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
theres a dude in New Zealand with a bayliner with a 3.0l stern drive he sacks it up and gets an awesome wake out of it
heres a vid of the wake
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=5036

By Andrew Cain (gordy) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 8:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
how should i weigh it down?
just put a fat sack in the center storage locker?
or do i need more?

By sean tribe (tribal) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
try to spread the weight out and make sure you put lots in the bow with an i/o.You can shape your wake with weight,heavier in rear steeper wake,even weight more rampy.

By Wastemore (barry) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 1:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
From 4 posts up:

[Throw about 500lbs in the bow, that was our best config.]
Perhaps you missed it due to my poor spelling habits.

With 500lbs in the bow and 3-4 people you'll be surprised at what that wake will look like.

B-

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 2:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you pitch the prop down you will be suprised how much weight you can push and how fat you can get the wake. We run a 15 inch pitch 4 blade and push 2K + peeps. Get the weight forward as Barry say's and trim. Currently we run 1K forward of the windscreen in water and sand & lead and the rest in the back either side of the motor.

By sean tribe (tribal) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 7:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ralph,how big is your bayliner,what size engine?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 11:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's a '92 1950 classic with a 3L 130 Hp motor.
Rig

By CBrown (powdrhound) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 3:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
fyi ralphs the dude in nz I was referring 2 is that a nice wake in his profile or what
the boats looking sweet too ralph!!

(Message edited by powdrhound on January 15, 2003)

By sean tribe (tribal) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 7:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice looking boat!I have a 22' Sunbird with a 5L sterndrive.Never put more than 1200# in it but the wake is already quite large.Maybe look into new prop for next season for even bigger air,thanks for the tip.Is it easier to hold a consistent speed with prop?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com