Tige 22i Type R vs CC Super Air Nautique Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Tige 22i Type R vs CC Super Air Nautique « Previous Next »
By bruce walker (bruce) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love both of these boths.

I've driven and ridden behind a SAN once and I really liked it. Huge wake, nice fit and finish, dealer honest,good track record and history, kinda pricey and not convinced I like arena seating.

Tige- Never ridden behind, loved the seating arrangement, easier to work on motor, reputable dealer-but only had Tige line for a couple of years. Tige gets bashed for wood and taps, but now they offer a ballast system and life plus 10k warranty which silences the critics somewhat.

Anyone ridden behind both? Anyone owned both? I plan to test drive one this summer but looking for someone whose had some experience.

By Ray M (wakeborder5) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Look at the 21i Type R, too.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 10:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 21 and 22i have wide, solid, and fairly steep wakes. I would go with a v-drive though because you can hide most if not all of the weight. I guess it depends on how much additional weight you will be adding.

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 12:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've ridden both. Although Tige' is a nice boat w/ a nice interior, the wake just doesn't compare to that of a Super Air.

The Tige' wake I've found is not as big as the Super's, but it's as solid and steeper. I found that Tige's a hard boat to weigh down. Sometimes, w/ a lot of weight, it's mushy. Then there are times when there's not much weight and it's solid and bigger. Go figure.

The Super is big, solid and steep. It's real easy to weigh down.

For interior, I'd go with the Tige'. If you're getting it for riding, get the Super.

Unless of course you want to wait for the Tige' 22v. I've heard good things about it.

By Chase Tennyson (tennyson0) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bruce,
I have ridden behind the Fox Editon V-Drive and was not very impressed. The "fit and finish" was nowhere near what the SAN was. They may be different now but I own the SAN because of its superiority (or at least my perception of superiority) in this and the wake categories. Drive both of them for sure before making your decision!

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Definitely look at the 2003 22i Type R before you make the decision. Don't compare or listen to anyone comparing 2002 Tige's to the SAN. The Tige's are vastly improved from the 2002 models with the new hull design and are very close in wake quality to the SAN now. The Tige 2003 22V is every bit as comparable in wake size/shape for a ton less money as well.

I love my 22i Type R seating arrangement, handling, and there is a ton of storage. If I lived on a lake, the SAN would be one of my first choices since I wouldn't be so concerned about room or storage in the boat. For me, I just couldn't justify a $15k+ price difference between the 2 boats. All of the weight/ballasts can be hidden in a 22i Type R with plenty of storage space left as well.

Make sure you test drive both first!

By bruce walker (bruce) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 6:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for all the responses.

Has anyone seen any of the new ballast options? Where are they located, fill/empty times, hard tanks? etc...

How do the 21i and 22i compare in wake? I'd like to have a ride that didn't require any additonal ballast other than the factory- sacks are a pain and my family doesn't enjoy sitting around while I fiddle with sacks. If you spend that kind of money it seems silly to have to weigh it down even more than what the factory provides.

I'm really not interested in the Tige 22v. If I want a v-drive it will be the SAN. I really dig the Type R seating and if the wake is up there with a SAN I'd be tempted to jump on it.

By wallyworld (wallyworld) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 6:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Maybe in the past you could save some money on a Tige but now their prices are up there too, they went up like 5 grand since last year!!!

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 6:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wallyworld has a good point. The price of other boats is creeping up and up the price diffrance between the big 3 was always kinda close but now it seems like all the boats are $50 grand what will happen when Moombas are $50 will Nautiques and Mastercraft's be $100 Grand

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 6:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would agree with the price point as well. The prices are creeping up there and are getting to the point where there isn't much separation. Bruce, the hull on the 22i is brand new and have not been on it. I will say that the 22i will be easier to produce a nice wake without weighing it down than the 21i. The 21i has a great wake, but you have to weight it down to get there.

Tige is going to a brand new ballast system that I have not seen yet. I have been on a few Tige's with prototype systems, but they have scrapped those plans in favor of something new. I am sure someone else could answer that question. The ones I played with were sacks with fill/drain valves on the dash.

With a 22i, you will save $4k right off the top due to the direct drive vs. a v-drive transmission and have much better handling. I have not seen prices on the new 2003's yet.

By terry barrett (tbarrett) on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 5:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bruce, We just finished the boat show in Phx. and the 221 Type R got a lot of attention. Erik Ruck spent Sat. and Sun. at the show with us and he said that Bish is wanting the 22i for his clinic tour this year. I have not confirmed that with Bish, however Ruck said the wakes are big and clean with people or weight. The bottom of that boat is now tooled with the convex V just as the new 22V and the 24V. If you are interested in a really good ballast system email me at terry@tigeaz.com. I can also find out more on how that boat was weighted and how much weight. I will have first hand info later this week as we have many demos to do on that boat. Terry

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 5:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can confirm that Bisch is using the new 22i Type R for his clinic next year. He is the reason I somehow found logic to upgrade from a 2002 to a 2003 this spring (thanks Bisch!). This model is definitely his favorite.

Terry, can you email me some info about your ballast system? I am very interested.

(Message edited by captainfreedom on January 13, 2003)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com