Hull repair tips....... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Hull repair tips....... « Previous Next »
By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 9:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well I (I being somebody else driving) crashed my boat into a large rock and put a hole about the size of a pack of cards right through the hull and into the boyancy cell in the middle of the boat in front of the gas tank. The cell itself is totally soaked so I stabed it a few times with a screw driver to let it drain out and dry. Now I want to fix it and wondering if anyone has any tips for me. It's a crappy old bayliner so it doesn't need to be flash, just safe, so I'm going to do it myself if at all possible.

By Chris Redden (bluefish86) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used to have a book with a guide of how to do it, but I can't seem to find it. One important thing that I remember, though, is cover the patch with gel coat, even if you don't care about looks because fiberglass becomes weak if it gets wet for too long.

It's not easy to do, but it's not really that hard either.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com