automatically regulated volume Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » automatically regulated volume « Previous Next »
By Ken E (airfreak) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 3:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We had a discussion about this before, but I was looking online at Best Buy and they have a car auddio deck that has the auto volume control.

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11191488&m=3026&cat=3015&scat=3010
JVC 50W x 4 CD Deck with Changer Controls, BBE II and El Kameleon Faceplate
Model: KDLX111

El Kameleon faceplate transforms to a plain black panel on power-down for superior security. Audio Cruise Mode automatically regulates volume to maintain audibility at high vehicle speeds.

I know nothing about stereos and was wondering if replacing my 02 x-star's stereo would work. What sort of things would I need to look at to investigate? What should I check before I go ahead? Wish there was an add-on to take care of this.

By Ken E (airfreak) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 3:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
per JVC site:
Audio Cruise
Keep your hands off the volume control and on the steering. Audio Cruise Mode automatically adjust volume levels whenever a change in your engine's RPMs is detected. When you speed up and slow down, your listening levels follow suit, overcoming engine and road noise.

By 3D (str8jkt) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 5:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the deck in my Malibu has that and I have to admit I havn't played with it yet. It's an 01 boat, JVC deck I think. Sorry, I hate taking time to read owners manuals and figure all that stuff out, I just like to get it out and play with it!!!

By Stacy Bratcher (masterofnone) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 4:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the JVC mentioned above, it senses alternator voltage output to adjust volume. I could never get it to change volume like it was supposed to. If you put it in gear and let it idle the volume would go down, if you let it sit for a while when the alternator starts charging more the volume would go up.
It does not work like the GM speed compensated volume that turns up a little every 5 mph!!!

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 10:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stacy experience is pretty standard. The other factor is that it is designed for automotive use, so the algorithm is not aggressive enough to work in the open air marine environment.

Someone is working on an aftermarket alternative that will work with any deck, I'd wait for that.

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 5:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bose has a product called Audiopilot that uses a microphone in the cockpit to measure ambient noise and adjust the volume accordingly

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com