your ski flag mount ideas. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » your ski flag mount ideas. « Previous Next »
By Dan Sullivan (danno) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, you'd think it would be a simple thing but does anyone have a clean, creative solution for holding up a ski flag (that works) while you're doing things like pulling in tow ropes or helping the kids get back into their bindings?
Someone will keep it in their lap when someone's riding, but I just want a hole on the boat somewhere where we can keep it for a few minutes to free up an extra pair of hands once in a while... and no, the plastic-suction-cup-thingie didn't work well for us.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 10:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is my flag holder.
flag

By dane (greatdane) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 10:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Soap, Cup and Flag holder.

ya_babby_ya

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 10:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Phaton Hey did you finish the wakeboard holer's for the Garage

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 10:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Phaeton "Sorry Wakeboard rack's

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 10:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We gave away a Mako flag holder in our Everything But The Boat giveaway. Check it out at http://www.mako-ind.com/products/accessories.html

By Dan Sullivan (danno) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 11:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dane,
Do you have to empty the beer bottle before you stick a flag in it?

By dane (greatdane) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 11:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ya, that would work.
Or, the flag goes in either of the white tubes.

By Dan Schneidau (gotpwr) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What the heck is a ski flag for? Is this a California thing?

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 12:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant they should be done the week of the 20th.

By Philip (phil_deez) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 1:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out Boss Accessories, they make a Powered Ski flag that mounts on the tower. There has to be a way to copy this idea but at a more affordable price. www.bossaccessories.com

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No luck searching the site for 'flag'. or under miscellaneaus.

By Philip (phil_deez) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 1:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, your right they don't have it on there. They do have it in their brochure though. The picture only shows the top, not the base where it is connected. It is a push button electronic. It basically looks like a metal tube (similar to electrical conduit. The flag stay inside the tube and when the button is depressed it pushes out the top. I search to see if I can find a picture of how it is mounted.

By swass (swass) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 1:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Doesn't the flag get hung up on the tube when it goes back in?

By Philip (phil_deez) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 1:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I haven't seen it in person, but it's not supposed to get caught.

By Aaron Nielsen (lzyboy) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think you guys are thinking of the HBP power flag http://hotbuddyproducts.com/powerflag.htm

A couple people in our crew have them, they are sweet, easy to mount, use, etc..... ( still a little pricey though )

http://www.gowakin.com/PHOTO/FOTW_1/img00000020.html
http://www.gowakin.com/PHOTO/FOTW_1/img00000142.html

-= peace =-
Aaron

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
On the one I've seen, the flag spins as it goes down the hole, thus elimating any catching.

By Philip (phil_deez) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 2:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No, I never seen the HBP one before. Thanks for the links and photos. It looks a lot like the Boss one that I all saw in their brochure.

By Dan Sullivan (danno) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 4:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dan

It is a California thing.. but I don't think it's only a California thing. I don't know how many other states require this.

(from http://www.dbw.ca.gov/Pubs/Abc )

It is mandatory for the operator of a vessel involved in towing a skier to display, or cause to be displayed, a red or orange water-ski flag, to indicate:

A downed skier
A skier in the water preparing to ski
A ski line extended from the vessel
A ski in the water in the vicinity of the vessel

The flag must be no less than 12 inches on each side and be in the shape of a square or rectangle. The display of the ski flag does not in itself restrict the use of the water, but when operating in the area, boaters should exercise caution.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 5:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's a law in Oregon too!

By Patrick (faceplant409) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 7:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Phaeton, if I put my order in now and pre pay, can I have one by spring? My Titan uses 2.25" tubing. Kidding...(sort of.) Anyway that mount is sweet...
Pat

By Dan Sullivan (danno) on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Phaeton, very clean. And, it seems there is an untapped market for it.

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's a law in Missouri.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Patrick and Dan I am working on it but will be a few months out before production starts.

By Bruce Batcheller (bjbatch) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 8:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I stumbled across one from Mako when I was shopping speakers. You can find it under the accessories link on their web site: http://www.mako-ind.com/

By badzuki (badzuki) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 4:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think the neatest idea I seen was a power antenna with a flag on it. Hit the switch and the flag goes up.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I assume that you guy's don't read the entire thread before posting?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com