VLX with Pylon (pics included) Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » VLX with Pylon (pics included) « Previous Next »
By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 9:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, I know this is one of the worst looking things you guys have ever seen, but the tower is not comming in until the 17th and we had to ride! I grabbed a couple of shots of this because I though it was pretty funny looking! It worked fine, we just had to add some exrta strap to the front. Enjoy!

pylon
pylon2
pylon3

By swass (swass) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 9:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, whatever works! You have a sweet boat.

By swass (swass) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 9:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought a tower was standard on a Wakesetter?

By trace (trace) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 9:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
careful with no extra bracing on that, it looks tall as hell. i don't think the V-drive pylon is designed for that much side load, and i'd hate to see you break it off your sweet new rig. (even though real boarders are supposed to remove it anyway & leave the unfinished hole as a badge of honor!) :-)

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awesome looking boat. Without the pylon of course. Be sure and post pictures once the tower is on.

By eljefepequeno (eljefepequeno) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 10:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Who's that Dork in the first picture. Man, Tony you need to get a new crew.

By dane (greatdane) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 10:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ya, and at lunch, the chicks can dance on the platform with the tower!

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 11:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
swass- It is standard, but they will give you a credit if your order it without one, and I had to get the tower straight from Titan since it is going to be yellow. Malibu dosen't have that colored tower thing all worked out yet...???

trace- have you seen the bracing Malibu uses? It is ~3" steel, it looks extremely sturdy. It seemed to work without any problems. So is that the gig... pull the pylon off and leave the hole? I keep telling people it is where I attach the tuber that does all of the camera work while we ride-not that we have ever used it for that or anything ever, even on the last boat, until yesterday!

Tower is comming-pics are comming-I promise!

Dork, I think his name is Jeff, we just picked him up along the side of the road, he was holding beer and a wakeboard! ...did you see the pics under the St.Louis on Wednesday? That's where the dorks are! I have a feeling you are never going to get in the way of the lens while in my boat anymore!

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 11:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
as far as new crew, look at that second picture, I would be hard pressed to find another group that would take their shoes off before stepping on my trailer!!!

By trace (trace) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 5:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
cool, i have a VLX too, but it's a 96. mine has ~3" square aluminum tubing across the back seat. it HAD the little stubby swivel peg deal, not a rigid pylon. still, you can put a lot of stress on it with 6' of leverage. just a thought.

and yes, that's what the cool guys do. it looks even better if you pull the frayed vinyl out of the hole a little. ;) nah, i just got tired of banging body parts on mine and almost sitting on it a few times. have fun, the yellow tower's gonna look great on it!

By eljefepequeno (eljefepequeno) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 7:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually, Beer and a wakeboard, along with boat manners like that, WOW. I hear he can't drive for crap, though. Oh well, that's why they have Perfect Pass now, eh?

You didn't give me time to get out of the way, Now I have a nice shot of my butt for all WW to see. Let's see all those shots with Proud Papa!

By Mark Bellaver (markb) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 9:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wonder if he's got any shots of him freezing in the 38 degree ice water or trying to figure out how to get a wakeboard off!

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 9:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
nope, none with me in them, none turned out-can you believe that, wierd I know!

What are you talking about Mark, that water wasn't cold! And besides where we were riding is was an ice melting 42 deg!

By eljefepequeno (eljefepequeno) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, those iced-covered coves where melting. Or was that those HUGE VLX wakes breaking it up? I couldn't tell ; )

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com