What boat would be the best WB boat ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » What boat would be the best WB boat for under 17K « Previous Next »
By Scott Anderson (red3) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 3:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am looking to buy a used boat for wakeboarding. I have an 1980 ski supreme, but would like to move up. I can not afford the newer boats that are made especially for wakeboarding. However, I heard that some of these newer wakeboard boats are using an older hull design and just marketing them as wakeboard boats. Is there any truth to that, and if there is, what older boats can I look at that would make great wakeboard boats. I would like to stay under 17K.

By face planter (mastercraft1995) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 4:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MC 205 ProStar, Malibu, Nati, you can find a really nice boat for that much money just look around and don't buy the first boat you see. Just remeber you are the one that will making the payments so make sure you are going to be happy with it before you buy.

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 7:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
1998 (or newer if you can find one that cheap) Malibu Sportster (LX-open bow), when used with the Wedge and 600-800 lbs of weight is makes an awsome wake. The Sportsters use the SV-23 (non-diamond) hull, which is the same hull design used on the Wakesetter VLX except the VLX is obviously bigger. All of the other Malibus (excluding the new 21 XTI) use the SV-23 Diamond hull. Which is accepted as not being as great for wakeboarding. I had a Sportster before by VLX and aboslutely loved it. Basic boat that was all fun and made a great wake.

By Rene Rioux (norcal_99) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a Bluewater 18' runabout I'll sell you for $6,000.00

By Wastemore (barry) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 9:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Still got that thing, Rene? I still have my Bayliner too.. hopefully it will sell in the spring.

B-

By Cyclone CJ (cyclonecj) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 7:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is a 1998 Ski Nautique with 200 hours on it for sale at my local MC dealer. They want 17k for it and it looks like new. I don't know what they go for, but it is a very nice boat. Has trailer, no tower. I'm in Atl, by the way.

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 7:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott, that's a good question. If you're a skier, as I'd guess from your current boat, you'll realize that a good ski wake and a good board wake are completely different.

Yes, some of the boats are using older hull designs, but most are taking lessons from the I/O hulls. OK, OK, no flaming boys, but where do you think stepped hulls, reverse chines, and chines come from?

I'd suggest an early 90s boat in your price range. I've boarded behind a Nauti and Malibu of that period. Weighted down, they're pretty darn decent wakes.

Check www.boattraderinline.com for models in your area.

By Scott Anderson (red3) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 8:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Someone told me that 96 mastercraft prostar 205 is the same hull as last years X-star, is that true.

By David Fletcher (david_fletcher) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 200o Calabria inboard direct drive that throws a great ski wake. I have a pylon with board racks, and when weighted with a fat seat, which I also have it throws a great wakeboard weight. I will sell for 14,500 OBO 120 hours.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com