Boat Paint Question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Boat Paint Question « Previous Next »
By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am trying to locate a "Clear" Antifouling paint. Anyone know of a product like this?

I have been searching around, and I have emailed Interlux already about it, just waiting for the response.

It will only be used for a very small section of my boat.
KG

By salty87 (salty87) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey kevin...i have no idea but if you don't have any luck here, try www.boatered.com

those guys are in big boats and would certainly know

kevin

By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 8:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just bought a new Super Air TE and because I'll be keeping it in salt water I'm going to have to paint the bottom with antifouling paint (an anuual ritual here at the Jersey shore). I too asked if there is such a thing as clear antifouling paint and I was told "No." My dealer explained that companies have tried making it, but it never really worked. As much as it's going to kill me, I'm going to have to paint the entire bottom of my new SAN TE.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 8:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hear ya Alex,
The jersey shore is an extremely high fouling coast!!! Try to paint it the same color as your boats bottom, should keep the "eyesore" of paint to a minimum.
The problem I have is if I paint any higher, I will be painting over the graphics on the side of the hull. The paint line and graphics meet at the waterline, and I get a "beard" after a few weeks. I do scrub it off with a brush, but it ends up discoloring the hull a bit over time, and I can't stand that!!!
I added 150lbs to the extreme front of the bow, and that helped lift the rear a little, but I would really like to get a solution going so that I can rest a little easier.

If I do find a good solution, I will let everyone know!

KG

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 9:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
FOUND IT!!!

Thanks salty87 for the link to boatered.com, I posted there and someone came thru.

Here is the link to the Company that is beginning to sell clear bottam paint!
http://www.dolphinite.com/products.htm

They have a bunch of other product that might interest ppl as well!

KG

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com