Check out this boat Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Check out this boat « Previous Next »
By George Angell (gspotrun) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 11:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out this boat at {http://www.svfara.com}
Its Canadian made with some great ideas such as their open bow seating and that killer tower.
Its pretty Sweet

By Chris Foye (wakejunky) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 5:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The question is. How do you pronounce the name?

Chris
get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com/gatorgrip

also for sale
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm

By trash (trash) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 7:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I own one of those. AFAIK, it pronounce safara. Excellent boat (see pic in my profile), but the bow seat is kinda useless. The bow floor is not flat at any point so you have to step on the seat getting in from the front. Plenty of storage under spotter seat and back trunk. Tower is rock solid. Fit and finish is excellent. Drivers seat should have been a swivel (a little hard to get in and out of if you're chubby) as well as a bit higher for some of the shorter drivers. Tinted front window is excellent during the day, but impossible to see out of during the evening. Factory standard docking lights. Mmmmmmm, I can hardly wait to get it out on the water again in spring....

Trash

By WakinVol (jlm) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 9:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks pretty good. Is the hull a mid 90's ProStar 190?

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 9:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
it looks nice

By trash (trash) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
From WakinVol: Looks pretty good. Is the hull a mid 90's ProStar 190?

Shhhhh, no one is supposed to know that The hull makes for a very rampy wake with little lip at the top. Since I'm not good enough to care about that, it doesn't bother me. I partially filled a fat seat, and the wake was enough to scare me. And rumour has it that Darren Shapiro actually rode behind the one I bought. No word on whether he like the ride though....

Trash

By WakinVol (jlm) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 12:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's hard to hide that hull...seriously though. it's a good looking boat, same hull as an X-5 I think.

By George Angell (gspotrun) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 11:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Trash

What kind of price tag did yours have?
Is there a dealer in winnipeg?

By trash (trash) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 8:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought it as a dealer demo late last year (end of August) with 70 hours on the clock. There is a rep in Winnipeg, but not a dealer. IOW there is no store front, and you have to get Svfara to authorize a local repair shop to do warranty work if its needed.
I paid $37,000 (no tax because it is used)Canadian for the demo which included a twin axle trailer with surge brakes, and that's loaded except for ballast tanks (which weren't available when this unit was built apparently). I think they retail for around $46,000 Canadian loaded, but don't quote me on that. Mine is a bright yellow top with a cream bottom and black wakeboard tower.

Trash

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com