Need to get to the lake "Fast" Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Need to get to the lake "Fast" « Previous Next »
By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 11:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are some photo's of the 04 Ford Lightning
500 Hp, 500 ft pound's of tourqe, IRS rear end, 6 Speed transmision, 22 inc wheels

By bruce walker (bruce) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I went to the drag races this weekend and saw one of these running 7.79 @ 125 mph on 1/8 mile track. It had nitrous and racing slicks on the back. It had soo much torque it spun the wheels inside the tires all the way to the finish line. It was quiet as a mouse... the BB Chevys were loud as could be and running about the same. It was bahaaaaaaaaaddddddd.

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 1:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wow!
Here's what they need... Same thing in an all-wheel-drive SUV! I would buy one!

Although I would have a hard time driving it in the rain... that engine compartment is sweet!

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 1:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is that for real, or a "concept" version? The engine compartment looks awfully clean for a production vehicle.

I'm planning on going to the NAIAS if the weather holds out, and you're sure whetting my appetite!

By Dan Schneidau (gotpwr) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 6:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It wouldn't suprise me if that is pretty close to the production version. SVT has to do something to keep up with the Dodge Ram SRT-10.

Tony, I agree! I've always wished that SVT would build an Expedition with the Lightning powertrain and suspension. It's the same wheelbase and almost the same chassis, so it's a no brainer. I've seen a couple prototypes in Dearborn, but for some reason Ford just doesn't want to make it. A Lightning doesn't do me a damn bit of good when I have two kids to haul around.

I'll be in Dearborn next week for training, so I'm planning on heading down to the NAIAS one night.

(Message edited by gotpwr on January 06, 2003)

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 7:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
make it a truck (not an suv) in 4wd and i'm there.

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How about this Silverado SS Concept. 395 hp. This is just a concept truck, but they are producing an extended cab model in '03 that is AWD, and has the Escalade's 6.0L, 345 hp engine.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com