Accuski vs. Perfect Pass Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Accuski vs. Perfect Pass « Previous Next »
By Mark Holcomb (waterjunky) on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 11:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I want to buy either the Wakeboard Pro or something similar from Accuski. I have read some of the older postings and it sounded like Accuski has the better interface, but maybe not as good of a pull. BUT, people were comenting that the Accuski pull with a paddle wheel may become equal to PP. Is this true?

What about quality? Are they both reliable?

Thanks

Mark

By TY (typhoon) on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 8:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
After looking into this it looks like PP is the one to have plus accuski is not cheap either.

By Dan Schneidau (gotpwr) on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 9:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't have any experience with Accuski, but I can give you my experinces with PP. I ordered my '00 Air Nautique with PP Digital Pro. I've had it for three seasons now and absolutely love it. Last summer was the first time I've had any issues with it. Halfway through my annual 2 week boating trip in July the on/off button stopped working so I couldn't engage it for boarding. I didn't realize how spoiled I had become from the PP until I spent the second week of my vacation boarding with the driver(my wife) controlling the speed. Anyway, PP told me to pull the display module out of the dash and send it back to them. Apparently they have seen this issue before. They fixed it and got it back to me within a week and then sent me a bill for $50 about a month later. I thought it should have been covered under warranty, but I guess thats just the way it goes.

(Message edited by gotpwr on January 05, 2003)

By Hyco Lake Boats N Boards (hlboatsnboards) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 8:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought Accuski used the RPM for the cruise control. If so, definately not the way to go. It does not hold speed well at all. Will maintain probably within 5 mph plus or minus. PP uses a paddlewheel for exact accuracy.

Or am i wrong?

By john (john) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 9:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's a pretty good discussion on the merits of Perfect Pass and Accuski systems from MalibuBoatOwners.com.
http://www.malibuboatowners.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=1906&hl=perfect+pass&s=7de4045db317b3b6f909d6f803e7d645

By Mark Holcomb (waterjunky) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 9:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for the input. Sounds like PP for me!

By Cyclone CJ (cyclonecj) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Accuski can also now use the paddle wheel and speed based control. In my case (Toyota) I already have the gauge and interface as part of my gauge package, so the upgrade is only about $400. Plus, Perfect Pass doesn't make a system for my boat :-( I am probably going to get Accuski for the upcoming season, as long as I can keep my wife from finding out until it is installed! I don't know how it compares to PP, but I don't have much choice anyway.

By BrianS (6more) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 1:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Accuski does have a better user interface, and they offer models that use the paddlewheel now (actually it's been available for a long time now)!

The Accuski Wakeboard Elite is like the PP Wakeboard Cruise. However, you set the desired speed into the Accuski Elite which is a major difference from the PP Cruise. With the Cruise, you have to drive the desired speed once, and then set the system. There is no "inputing" the desired speed into the system. The Accuski Elite can also be set this way OR it can have the speed entered into the system and then it will engage when it is within 2mph of the set speed (like the PP Pro system). Check it here here.

Accuski Cruise Display

Here is a photo of what the Accuski Elite model looks like - MUCH better than the PP Cruise!

If you want all event capability, then go with the Accuski ETC. It is about the same price as the PP Digital Pro, but it also comes standard with two timing sensors for all buoy timing while the PP Digital Pro only has one - so you have to buy an additional timer for All Buoy Timing which is required at most slalom events this year. I believe Accuski will sell the ETC unit without any timers and cut the price if that's what you want (This is exactly the difference between PP Digital Pro and PP Wakeboard Pro). Check out that system here

By davidgree (davidgree1) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the new version of accuski on my Toyota. It works on RPM and Speed based, but won't hold steady speed on speed based mode as it works off of my venturi. The paddle wheel wasn't available on my boat. I wouldn't reccomend accuski for boarding unless you can get the paddle wheel.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 8:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you're interested in a great deal on the ETC model (which will be replacing my Digital Pro), check out this link. Let me know if you have questions.

By Mark Holcomb (waterjunky) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 7:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,
Thanks for the input with that link. It sounds like Accuski ETC (w/paddle wheel) is absolutely comparabale performance wise to PP. So now it is just a question of do you buy what everyone else has and get better re-sale value, or do you buy something that everyone else says is easier to use!

Jason, that link you gave for a good price on the ETC requires an account on the Malibu web site. Can you give us a link that does not go through that site?

Mark

By john (john) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 9:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mark,
Here you go ( direct link to MBO group buy ).
http://www.malibuboatowners.com/forums/index.php?s=ad275c8d7cecba7c03dbc1825cdc92e0&act=ST&f=19&t=2144&st=0&

By the way, if you do happen to own a Malibu, or might be considering one in the future, I encourage you register at Jason's link. He's done a great job on the site!

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
cannot get through. how much is it anyway? do you have to have a malibu?

By john (john) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oops. Sorry, didn't realize that 'group buy' topic was only available to registered members of the site.
Details of the purchase are supposed to be finalized this month. I believe the discount is expected to be 15-25% off of list price, depending on model. Malibu ownership is not a prerequisite.
If you're interested, my suggestion would be to register as a member at MBO ( takes all of 60 seconds ) and see the posts in the Group Buy thread of the Classified section of the forums.
(I'm not trying to make this difficult, but I don't if the person coordinating the purchase would appreciate having their e-mail info. posted here.)
Hope this helps.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Guys-

I'm sorry you can't view that link directly. Guy at Accuski is being very generous with us, and although I can't give the exact price, I will say it's probably going to be cheaper than what john mentioned. The final number depends on how many units we can move, so if you're seriously interested, the time it takes to register on the site shouldn't be an issue.

Guy is running a buisness, and we want to be sensitive to his needs. That is the only reason you must be a member of the site to view info in the Group Buy forum.

We're finalizing pricing in the next couple of weeks, so if you're really interested, let us know that way we know how many units we're talking about.

Thanks,

Jason

By BrianS (6more) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I didn't mention the other advantages of the Accuski (AS) over the PP since I already had posted a long one. I really like the 10 presets that the AS has. You can program in ten of your most common riders with thier weight, normal riding speed, and adjustment (if any). This way the only thing you might have to change inbetween riders is crew weight.

They also offer the auto pull-up. So any driver you have will be able to pull you up like a pro. It's a nice feature if you have some drivers that just don't get it. Otherwise, just use the system normally, and it will engage once the speed is close to the set speed.

Also most people will agree that the user interface is MUCH better than PP. The display screen is really big and will hold several lines (up to 8) of information on the screen. That means there is much less scrolling of screen to get the info you want. In fact, once the system is running and you are on the main screen, you can view and change the skier weight, skier speed, crew weight, and RPM adj (if any) all from the same screen. PP only allows one item on the screen at a time which means scrolling through lots of screens to make adjustments.

Accuski Display
PP Display

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 1:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
price comparison of paddle wheel models?

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry, I missed that last posting. what was the ballpark price you were listing?

By Mark Holcomb (waterjunky) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 4:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,

I registered at MBO and still could not find that patrticular link. I did a serch on "group buy" and accuski and found nothing.

What am I not doing?

Mark

By john (john) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mark,
After going to the MBO home page, are you "logging in"? If so, your name should appear just below the MBO logo and the slogan "The Malibu Owners Online Resource" and you should be on the Forums page. Scroll down about 1/3 of the page to the Classifieds section and you should see Group Buys as the 3rd category.
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but this is how it works for me. If you're still having problems send an e-mail to Jason Craveiro (see his postings above) - MBO is his baby.

John

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 6:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Once you're logged in you can also just click this link.

Let me know if you have any problems.

(Message edited by s4inor on January 07, 2003)

By Mark Holcomb (waterjunky) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 7:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got it now. The problem was that I had to verify my new registration from the email they snd out. This morning I did that and I can now see the grop by thread.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Okay guys. An email including finalized pricing and a timeline has been sent to anyone that contact us through the thread on MBO. There is still plenty of time to get in on the buy, so if you want to get the price list, let us know. All we ask is that you be sensitive to Guy's business and not make the pricing available publicly.

Thanks,

Jason

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com