Wakeboard tower, how tall? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Wakeboard tower, how tall? « Previous Next »
By sean tribe (tribal) on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 6:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Was wondering if anyone out there could tell me how high towers usually are above waterline.I have a project boat I'm working on this winter and I'm having my local machinist frabricate me a tower.I was planning on making the tower 10' above waterline.There isn't a whole lot of boats where I live with towers to compare to but the one I did look at would only put the rope at about 8.5' above water.What are the pros and cons of a taller tower.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 6:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My tower is taller than most. It is 8' from the floor of the boat to the top of the tower. What I like about it is you can walk under the tower speakers without hitting your head.

By sean tribe (tribal) on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 12:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone else out there with a tall tower?Wondering if too tall a tower might rock the boat too much,otherwise I only see plus's.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 3:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What kind of boat?

By sean tribe (tribal) on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 7:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
22' Sunbird Eurosport bowrider with 230hp I/O and a 8.5' beam.It weighs around 3000 lbs,there's a lot of boat there.

By Skydog96 (skydog96) on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 9:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the titan is 7ft from the floor. dont know from the water..

By sean tribe (tribal) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anymore thoughts out there?

By Bob (bob) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 7:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
mines about 7-7.5' from the floor, higher will just cause more roll when cutting hard and allow for more tower shake when hitting the rollers

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com