tower speaker wiring Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » tower speaker wiring « Previous Next »
By Todd Chinderle (malibu36) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 10:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
im gettin ready to wire up my speakers on my tower(titan) but im not sure what i want to do, run the wires through the tower or run them along the tower. how hard is it to run the wires through the tower and how should i run them to the amp? will i have to drill a hole in the tower to get the wires out? any info you guys have would help a lot

By Playaz Club (hydrotek) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 11:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yes, you need to drill holes in the tower to run them thru if there is not holes there. You will need a long piece of stiff wire to run thru the tower from one hole to the other. then attach the wires and run them thru. i used a small hook shaped pic and needle nose pliers to grab the stiff wire at the holes i drilled. good luck

By Stan Tannner (sbt3) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 11:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you will want to you some kind of stress relief/ rubber gromet in the hole to keep the wires from getting worn by the metal on the tower. Also probably one on the boat to make it look nice. Use a carbide drill bit to drill the tower cause it is stainless steel. I plan on doing mine this spring when I get it out of storage.

By Wastemore (barry) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 11:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Much easier way to run the wires through the tower. After you drill holes, grab a piece of kite-string/twine (kite string works best)and a shop vac. Have one person hold the shop vac covering the lower hole while another person feeds the kite string into the upper hole. The vacuum will suck the string right through and out the bottom hole. It may take a couple of tries depending on how clean the inside of the tower piping is as string may get caught on a burr.

Works like a charm.

B-

(Message edited by Barry on January 02, 2003)

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 3:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://64.4.16.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=a6f66c2d0129b1221ec1d99ed3576608&lat=1041550623&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2egeocities%2ecom%2fmtbmudmachine%2fNautique%2dwelcome%2ehtml%3f1012765375363

By Rick H (blastmaster) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 6:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
and here's what to use to connect it all up.
http://www.russellind.com/Russell/connect/main.htm

By Dan Schneidau (gotpwr) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 6:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ran my speaker wires outside the tower as an interim measure to get the towers speakers hooked up as quick as possible last summer. I wrapped the wires in white electrical tape to match the tower and used white cable ties. You don't even notice the wires from a distance. I plan on running the wires through the tower when I get time this winter.

Hey Grant, I have a FCT tower on an Air Nautique as well. How did you run the wire when you got to the deck? Did you come out of the tower tubing and then drill a hole in the deck or did you stay in the tubing and go through the center of where the tower mounts to the deck? I was going to try the latter and was curious how you did it.

(Message edited by gotpwr on January 02, 2003)

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Go here and click on Stereo and you can see how I did the tower wires
http://www.geocities.com/mtbmudmachine/Nautique-welcome.html

By Dan Schneidau (gotpwr) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 1:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like your site's down. Must be too many people checking out your stereo. I've been on your site before but I don't remeber any closeups on the tower wiring where it meets the deck, but I'll check again when your site gets back up.

By Dan Schneidau (gotpwr) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 6:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Found it under "Boss Accessories"! Thanks Grant!

By Scott Schroeder (buttskimmer) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't think those connector are heavy enough if you have amp of any size. Wire size for speakers on a tower with an amp need to be at least 14ga. Its like running a semi down a dirt bike path - you will get there - but lose some parts.
Check out fastboats.info and look at silvtongdvl boat in the gallery. Tower comes off or on in 5 mins. - he used a trailer connector at the hull - just plugs in. 14 ga wire.
~S~

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 8:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is my setup. The tower has a rubber gromet like Grants. For the hull I used a Jetski bilge pump fitting.
tower

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com