New boat pricing Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » New boat pricing « Previous Next »
By Todd (boardman74) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 8:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am currently in the market for a new boat. I am wondering what kind of discounts everyone has been able to get off MSRP. I would think you should be able to get some great deals with the economy down. I have heard 15% off, is that close? Also what percent off options? Am I off the mark to think I can go into a dealer and tell them I want to pay 15% off MSRP and 20% off options. I will also be financing the majority and I know they get a kick back for that. What are rates like for 10 and 15 year loans? Any help would be great. I am looking at Moomba and Supra if the brand makes a difference. I don't have the option to shop multiple dealers due to the drive. The nearest dealer is 2 hours away and the next nearest is almost 5. I won't be telling them that, but that is the fact. I wish they had cost published like cars. When I bought my truck I just looked up dealer cost, figured what I thought was a good deal and told the dealer this is what I will pay. No negotiation, just bottom line. It made the deal quick and easy. I would like to do the same with the boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Knowledge is power!!!

By Shawn Burke (02wakesettervlx) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Todd,

If you could get around 12-14% off of MSRP, you would be doing real well. Dealers usually get a point from the finance company as well.

By Todd (boardman74) on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 7:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know there are more people then Shawn that have bought a boat lately. I need some help here!!!PLEASE!

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 8:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I priced a SAN SE. I was able to get a more competitive price than I was initially offered by my local dealer because I moved and am now "out of territory". As a result, I was able to get a more competitive price from a second dealer, which the first matched.

That being said, the discount was 9% on the boat and 15% on the options plus the rebate, which was $1500 before 12/31 but will be $1000 after 1/1. It works out to about 13% overall with the rebate.

I belive MasterCraft and Malibu dealers may be more aggresive in their discounts, at least here in Florida.

By MIKE O (batman) on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 9:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Boat shows are a great place to negotiate. You are probably looking at 15% off overall and my loan from Bank of the West was 6.25%

By Scott Schroeder (buttskimmer) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 6:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Todd,
Is there another dealer (type boat) closer to you? Are you willing to make that drive for warrenty repair work? Dealers make a huge difference in boat ownership. It can be brutal if you get the wrong one. I will be attending the Houston boatshow on the 11th . I can do alittle research for you - let me know what you want. You must be going to Atlanta.
~S~

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com