Where did you put your Perfect Pass p... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Where did you put your Perfect Pass paddle wheel? « Previous Next »
By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where abouts did you put the paddle wheel and any feedback?

By Ryan (ocrider) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty,

I went about 12" forward and 12" starboard (if that is the direction towards the driver) of the raw water inlet on the bottom of my boat.

The key is to make sure you put it somewhere accessible so you can remove it from inside the boat, and make sure there is nothing in front of it for a few feet so that turbulent water isn't passing across it.

I will try and take a pic tonight and post it for you to get an idea.

Ryan

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 6:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks.

That is great and pics would be apprecciated. You put it on the same side as you intake?

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 6:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does everyone pull the paddle wheel when driving on trailer or just tape it?

By Cary Kalamajka (ndh2o) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No pulling or taping, just mount it where it so that it meets the other criteria and misses the trailer bunks. We did ours this fall and have had no trouble.

By Ryan (ocrider) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty,

My intake is actual dead center in the boat. So the paddle wheel is off to the side. I chose to mount it in a place that I can easily pull the assembly, but I haven't yet. I have only used the boat a couple times and they were both short drives. I will get some pics today and post them here.

Ryan

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 9:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok. that makes sense. My intake is off center.

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 3:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty, There is always somebody that says check with the Manufacturer, but really I called them and they had a specific mounting spot for the model of boat that was clear of the trailer bunks and turbulence from your particular boat hull. The second part is very important. If the water is disturbed by a drain plug hole, forward chine or water intake they will throw off the paddle wheel and possibly cause the PP to get confused about the actual boat speed.

Good Luck you'll love the system!

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think I sent these.

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 9:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I only tape mine on trips over 60 miles.

By TY (typhoon) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 9:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Perfect thanks

By Dave (sordave) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 5:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris - what year is your boat and where did you put the gauge? I have no room on my dash for the larger gauge of the pro and my existing tach and speedo are 5" sized.

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 6:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave,

I installed mine about six inches behind my throttle lever. When you locate it there it makes it easy for the driver to adjust while driving.

By TY (typhoon) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I still cannot decide on the pro vs the cruise model.

By Bob (bob) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 10:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
get the pro!

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave it is a 2002. Here is lousy photo of the 3" display far left in the cluster.

By TY (typhoon) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 11:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That looks nice...

By Dave (sordave) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 3:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2001 and the dash is different. I guess I will have to get creative. If it's not too deep, I may be able to mount it by the throttle.

dash

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 3:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You could lose the speedo in the middle. You get a better one with the PP.

By TY (typhoon) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 3:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good idea chris as the pp has a speedo and hour meter.

By Dave (sordave) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 10:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
my gauges are 5" and the PP is 3" other than the Malibu one. Am I missing something?

By A. P. (bigdad) on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think there are two options but Wakeboard pro is available in a 5" gauge and the 3" gauge. They also offer gauges with the boat manufacturer name on the gauge. I recently installed wakeboard pro and my 5" gauge says "Moomba" on the face with the kangaroo graphic. No extra charge. I think they have most of the major boat manufacturers graphics available.

By Rene Rioux (norcal_99) on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why do you have to tape the wheel while towing. I've towed my boat from Texas to California and all over Nor-Cal to all the lakes. I've never taped my wheel.

By Bob (bob) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
pp says it can wear out the wheel and pin. i dont but my trip is only about 10 minutes to the water.

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rene- I do it for the longer trips, but I don't even think wind can pass through properly to make it spin since on the trailer, it is in a nose down attitude. I always forget to untape it and end up diving for it.

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 3:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
chris,
just curious but what do you tape it with?

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 3:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A cheaper version of duct tape.

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 3:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
masking tape. I figured you would have a good idea testing out tape with all of your acts of bondage.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com