Question about 2003 Sanger V210 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Question about 2003 Sanger V210 « Previous Next »
By Tom Guellert (tommyg) on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 7:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is the 2003 Sanger V210 still available with just the front ballast, or do they now offer the rear ballast option for this model? thanks!

By chuck kober (onealrep) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sanger is offering rear ballast as an option, check with your dealer.

By Tom Guellert (tommyg) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chuck, your boat looks beautiful. Did you get rear ballast on your boat? On my 2002 brochure, it says that rear ballast is only available on the DLX. Is the option for 2003 the 725lb total that was previously offered only on the DLX?

By chuck kober (onealrep) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the compliment. When I saw that color combo I had to get it.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the rear ballast is 250 per side. Sangers brochures are a little lacking in the info department.

I just got the front ballast, and will be adding the rear myself before summer. It's super easy and a lot cheaper to add a couple of bags and some valves "T'ed" into the stock sytem.

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 10:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I skipped the stock ballast and went with a 700 pound custom center sac from letsgoride.com
i t'd into the engine intake and ran a simer pump. I am just finishing the project and will take a bunch of pics. It was very easy to t into the water intake with a heat gun. Plus it is a scoop strainer and it allowed for the 700 pound sac. I have a measley 70 pounds of lead in the left rear to balance out also. I have all the info and where to get switches. Drop me a line if you need.

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 10:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you can, have them plumb for the rear but put a couple of 500lbers instead of the 250's. I don't think the factory can install that kinda weight. I'm running appx 1700lbs all concealed and it is more than enough for any riding level.

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 11:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Tom Guellert (tommyg) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks guys. If and when I pick one up, I'll definitely hit you all up for some guidance. Damn Chris, 1700lbs!!?!! That must throw some wake...

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom,

Build a ballast system yourself, I picked up a 400lb locker sack and my father and I threw a ballast system together. We used the drain plug as our intake/drain, I know it seems sorta sketch but works quiet well. We then mounted a self-priming reversable pump by the transmission and ran hosing up to the locker sac. We have a rocker switch on the dash and one of our friends engraved Fill and Drain on the metal plate, looks like a factory option. You just have to lift the lid and watch the sac so you don't over fill it. Then we fill our other 3 or 4 sacs with one Attwood 750 walmart pump. So 2,000-2,300 depending on sack combos. My dad and I are going to be hooking up the rear sacks to the ballast system, they will each have their own fill and drain pumps, should be pretty fast. I think I might be driving out to Orwood, I will snap some pics of the system.

Tom, if you havent ridden behind a Sanger, do yourself a favor and do it, be sure to ride it unweighted, then add weight, to see how well it responds to weighting, and then load the heck out of it and your jaw will drop. No joke as Sanger owners or people who have ridden behind Sangers.

This was the only pic of the dash I have on the comp, you can see the FILL on the right side, will post better pics later.

-Evan

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 12:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Another project my dad tackled was mounting a boat buddy latching system on the trailer. It consists of the Boat Buddy mechanism, the previous crank and strap, a Mastercraft X-30 arm that holds the crank and boat buddy, and some random piece of metal to brace the arm. Works very well and looks clean. Thought I would share.

-Evan

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 1:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Swing hitch would be awesome but someone told me they are illegal in CA. If you need I found the manufacturer of the sanger dash switches and I have the model numbers and you can get any switch type you want.
Hey neeley,
when you say that your dealer gave you silver on the breaker, is it the ring or the button?

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 2:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty- Silver collar, black button and it still breaks!!!

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
drop me a line. I have the number and model number for the 30 amper and it is only about $5.00

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 2:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris do you have a pic of your wake with it weighted?

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 2:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sanger = the most underrated boat out there! Awesome boat!

Blabelmooch, you'd be surprised as to the wake size/shape from a Sanger V210.

Nice pics guys.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 3:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I rode behind Barry's with stock ballast and a side sack towards the front. For how much weight it had the wake was sweet. I am just curious because my uncle is in the market for a new boat. He is set on Super Airs (Oh darn!) but if for some reason that isn't an option, a Sanger would be a good second choice. I know what you're going to say about this next comment but I also like the Tige's!

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 3:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually, I've heard good things about the new 20 or 21v. No washy lip and big. That's what I heard, anyway. If Porter up here, invites me out one day, I'll let you know what the boat's like, if you haven't ridden behind it.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 3:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll hopefully get too soon as well. I've heard it is great.

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 4:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are some pics of the wake with lotsa weight, around 2,200 of sacks and some people. The first pic is not my boat, but it is weighted the same and it is the most "life like" pic I have seen. The second is my "dads" boat, the rider is 6'3" for referance, it might be hard for other people to see but to me he looks dwarfed by the wake, You also tell by the wash of the wake that is is pretty tall.

-Evan

My Wake-------> http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=3636

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 4:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks pretty clean. Thanks.

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 4:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
IMO it is very similar to a SAN except I think the transition is smoother, doesn't buck as hard. I also found that I need 3-5 more feet of rope than the length I use behind a VLX, SAN, X-star because the v-hull makes the wake a little narrower. All boats are great, for the quality of build and the quality of wake and the price, Sanger is in a class by itself.

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 4:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom,

I started a new thread called "Homemade Bow Ballast System" if you wanted to see some pics of the System.

-Evan

By Wastemore (barry) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 5:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Evan, that wake looks huge to me.

Brian, is that what you were looking for last time? I would die on that thing. Don't tell me that's what you're used to!?

B-

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Barry,

How much weight are you running in your Profile picture?

-Evan

By Wastemore (barry) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Like 400lbs. Stock center sack...
I may have had a 250 up front too. Ask Blabel, he'd remember better than I would.
It's good enough for us but I think we're gonna sack the poop out of the thing in '03. I need more air :-)

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 6:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No offense Evan. We both agree that Sangers are kick ass boats. But honestly, I'd much prefer a much cleaner wake (without the curl) than the pic you posted. Why was the wake curling?

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe which pic?

-Evan

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
WakeWorld pic = obvious curl

Wakepics pic = starting to curl

I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but do you guys add much weight to the front? I'm thinkin' a bit more weight in the front will cure that curl. What do I know...I don't even have a boat!

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe that pic is probably at a slow wakeskate speed. I think it actually looks good for lip tricks and slides. As with any boat or wake I would ask the driver to speed up when I would go to charge the wake.

Barry, yes that's my idea of a nice sized wake. years ago I would have cringed at that wake but now the bigger the better. I would play with the wake if I were you. Make it big and clean, get used to it and see if you like it. I think you are plenty good enough to benefit from a bigger wake. If you don't like it, go back to the way it was. Remember, the wake wasn't as big as I would have liked it but I could still do 95% of my tricks so that says something. You don't have to work nearly as hard with a larger wake.

Barry's pic was from the day I rode with him. Not to shabby for how much weight was in there. The boat drove like it had nothing at all so I imagine it wouldn't be too bad fully sacked out.

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Joe,

I wasn't in the boat during the wakeskate pic, I assume they were going a little slower than wakeboarding speed. My wake pic (wakepics) We did have a lot of weight in the back, especially for a V210, about 1,000 rear 800 front and people. When going 22mph at 75ft the wake was clean for me with that weight placement, any slower and you would get the "splash in your face from water hitting your bindings at takeoff" that most people have experienced at one time or another. This summer I plan to weight it a little different, 700 rear, 800 front 750 middle, then people.
Sometimes I ride with just 900 in the bow, wake is suprisingly peaky. Hopefully the new set-up will be just as peaky but cleaner and maybe a little harder (is thats possible).

-Evan

By dane (greatdane) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That boat does have a nice wake.
I just wish the sun-deck was flat and the freeboard was higher.
And, then there is the wood issue (for me).

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dane,

I agree, except for the wood, the v210 is the most solid feeling and riding boat I have been in, CC,BU,Tige,Centurion,MC etc.

As far as the sunpad goes, it is a hassle with the 315hp 350, what we have, but you get used to it. With the Black Scorpion its not much of an issue, although the rear sunpad isnt completely flat.

I also wish the freeboard was higher, its not a problem with the bow, but the rear get pretty low especially when heavily weighted. If a boat drives by when our boats loaded there are some rollers that wash onto the sunpad. These things can be a headache, but if you know how to drive/handle the boat properly you shouldn't experience much trouble. Besides if the freeboard was higher Sangers wouldn't have that sleek bad-ass look to them.

-Evan

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Unweighted it sits pretty high in the water, but once weighted forget it, that thing sits low

-Evan

By Wastemore (barry) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 7:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
lol@ Dane.
Such a poop disturber.

B-

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
700 lbs of center weight and It will be perfect. If you really want to know the best weighting for the 210 ask nigel. He has tried every possible option there is. If I remember what he said, it was 700-800 in front/center and 500 on left and 250 on right. He says it is about thigh high on the avg person. The second best is 700-800 pounds in the front/center floor-if I remember correctly.
Nigel if you are there tell us about the best and second best weighting for the boat.
NIGEL ARE YOU LISTENING?

By Wastemore (barry) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Blabel,
By the time the season starts I should have 1700lbs of sack to move around. I'm sure I'll get used to the wake..I had a Bayliner, I can adjust to anything! I've learned to work with what I have for fear of change(too lazy to mess with it). I've never been on a wake larger then mine but I have to assume you'll get a lot more air/hang-time with less effort, as you've said.
The other thing is, I really don't want to be tripping over sacks all day.. I'd like everything to be hidden/automatic. I'm not sure where I'll hide that weight and still keep it in the optimum place. Evan? Neelley?
It would be a great winter project. Maybe I'll get started on it soon.

B-

By Wastemore (barry) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yeah! Ty, e-mail me that link again, would ya? I had a HD failure. I would like to replace my center sack with an 700-800 if nothing else.

Thanks,

B-

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am just going to run the center sac which will be 700 pound. You will be amazed at what just that weight placed in the center to the bow will do. It is awesome. Talk to pete at letsgoride.com
He will make it in any nozzle config you want. I went with a three hole with 1" nozzles. I will only use two holes but will have another in case I ever want to change anything.
It is about 135.00 delivered.
I think you will be amazed at just that sac because of the location. I have a second battery on the left and also am putting a 70 pound lead bar in the left compartment far to the rear compartment to compensate for the driver and the 40 pound sub.

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yeah...Tell pete it is the same sac as I ordered for the sanger. He will know. If you need the measurements they are:
9x28x80

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where are your perfect pass paddle wheels mounted? I was hoping to get a majority idea.

thanks

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Barry,

You could get a custom sack made for your locker. Im not sure how much it could hold, maybe 700-800. My 400lber could be a lot wider towards to front of the locker, there is a lot of width in the locker and it has normal depth i guess. If you go creative you could get some small custom sacks for under the bow seats, there isnt much room but it would help. Some led weights would be more effective for the bow (under seats) but they are more expensive. You could get some big sacs for the back, Ive got a Get High Sports Big Bump and am very pleased with it. The sack is huge and hold up to 750lbs.

Here is a link www.gethighsports.net

I think if you got a custom locker sack made, assuming it held between 700-800lbs and some Big Bumps for the rear (filled up however much you want) It would produce some good numbers, probably close to 2k, If you want more and still want it all concealed led would be the next alternative. But if you dont mind a bow sac in the walkway, then fill up your 400lber. Bring some freidns aboard and you will be Big Pimpin.

Did you check out my thread on the ballast system? You could possible do something like that for rear sacs, Although your speed will be limited by the size of your drain plug hole, Works for our single sac and beats drilling through your hull. Sorry for the confusing post, feel free to ask more questions, hopefully I can help.

-Evan

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 8:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is the space you have to work with in your locker. I took this pic today, it is great, sure beats bending over, looking upside-down with a flashlight to see what it looks like in there.

-Evan

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 6:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Evan,
I looked into those and they will not do well because they are not covered and thin. The letsgoride sacs are made of a zodiac type material. A couple of us already ordered sacs from them. I will post pics when I can.

By Evan Patak (delta_glass) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 10:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty,

Mine has a cover, it is thinner than my other sacs but isnt a problem, I don't normally use it with the cover on. I also don't use it in the locker because, A. its more likely to get popped due to some unfinished fiberglass, and B. I can't use the Big Bump to its full potential in the locker.

I was suggesting that Barry use Big Bumps in the Rear, covered or not they will meet and probably surpass his expectations, they are very resonably priced. Customer Service was excellent for me and the deal I got on my Big Bump is by far the best deal I have seen. I am not sponsered or advertising for Get High Sports, I am a very pleased customer and think they make a great product.

Big Bumps might be thinner but they are still though as hell.

check this out......http://www.gethighsports.net/tests/sacktest.htm

And for what it is worth there are no covers on the sacs.

-Evan

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 10:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Exactly. They make great stuff. I ordered one of their helmets-very nice. The letsgoride sacs are awesome and made of a very thick material like a zodiac which is good for the floor.

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 6:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just finished selling my two part bags and buying more LGR sacs. Like Ty said they are very tough and low cost. In fact they are the most economical sacs.

The best part is you can specify the size so that you max out your ski locker. Had I got a Skylon I would have been about 200 lbs less :-(

LGR!

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 6:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for all your help james. I will post all pics as I am finishing my ballast. just waiting on the pump. all else is done.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com