Racks for Titan Tower Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Racks for Titan Tower « Previous Next »
By eric s. (eas) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 11:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know if I look long enough I could probably find a previous thread, but can you guys suggest a decent rack for my Titan tower that won't rattle or damage boards? Please include prices if possible. Thanks......

By swass (swass) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 12:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you mean aside from Titan's racks?

By eric s. (eas) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 12:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, I do.

By M.I.A. (steveaz) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 8:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out www.fluidconcepts.net, I've had 4 of their racks on my Titan tower since I got the boat in April it now has almost 200 hours on it and I have been very pleased with them. Due to their design the boards don't touch each other and in my opinion is one of the best racks out there.
Here's a couple pics, notice the center tine is angled and prevents the boards from contacting one another.

Email me if you'd like any more pics or have any questions.
Steve

By Chris (trixie) on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 2:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out the racks from Mako. I'm going to put them on my new boat. They look sick, plus they are quick release and the mounts won't scratch the tower. Check them out at www.mako-ind.com or on wakeside.com.

I'm going to put the flame style racks along with some lights and speakers.

By M.I.A. (steveaz) on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 10:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris have you seen them in action? Cool idea and they look pretty good, but the ones I've seen rotated. Something they may have fixed or a bad install but just a heads up.

Steve

By Chris (trixie) on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 7:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Steve,
I saw them on a friendís boat and they are awesome!
I donít know which one you saw but it might have been the old model. The new ones are on a square peg instead of a round one. This will stop the racks from spinning. Also, the collar that mounts to your tower has a fitting that will not scratch the hell out of your tower.

Eric,
The company has great customer serves. I think if you talked to them they would send you a demo set to see if you like them.

Chris

(Message edited by trixie on December 29, 2002)

By eric s. (eas) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 12:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks guys. I've been looking hard at the Fluids and just heard about the Makos so maybe I will give them a call. Thanks again!

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That Mako hydrofoil rack wouldn't last a day on the lake with a foil in it. There board racks are very week with the bicycle seat clamp setup. The tower clamp is nice with the rubber in it but the rest of the system needs to be revamped.

By Craig (mako_man) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I feel the need to come to the defense of Mako. Our board racks are not weak. The clamps are extremely strong and they do not rattle. Our racks are also lighter then the majority of racks out there.

Mako racks come on Supra and Momba (Skiers Choice) boats. Skiers Choice just resigned us for the 2003 season because our products perform better then other racks out there.

Eric, if you have any questions feel free to email me at craig@mako-ind.com.

Try them. You will not be dissapointed.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 3:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Craig not to start a war but 2 of my friends have Mako racks. One had to weld his racks to keep them from spinning with boards in them. The other I cross drilled and ran a bolt through them. Like I said the Bicycle seat clamp needs some work. Both of there setups do not use the tower clamp they use the dowel with 2 set screws. A Hydrofoil is heavy and if it has the shock tower then it is really heavy. There are to many adjustable points to fail with the Mako design. Not to mention the Bicycle clamp part.

By Craig (mako_man) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 4:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think the racks you used were an older model that used a circle peg. All racks now use a square peg so that the rack cannot spin.
Mako

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 4:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You are correct they both have the round peg. That is a better design.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com