What Kind of Boat Should I Buy with $... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » What Kind of Boat Should I Buy with $315 Million? « Previous Next »
By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 9:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Powerball, what a trip, I got the power ball and one number.....$4......... So I guess I'll keep making boat payments. What would you buy and where would you live if you won a check for say, 114 million after taxes (which is the 1 lump sum payout on 314m).

By JAY EISCHEN (goinhuge) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 10:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would buy about 200 acres and build my own lake. After that I would build a mderate sized house for me and then one for all of my family. I would then use the rest of it to build my new company and invest it and make more

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 10:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'am with Jay.

2003 VLS

By face planter (mastercraft1995) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 2:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm with Jay but I would also buy MC x-star's in every color. Just because I could.

By Doug (supradoug) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 2:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jay don't forget your friends now. I woould buy the land build a heated lake, after I called the boss to tell him I didn't think i would be coming to work anymore...........

By Knee Brace Boy (wstr01) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 5:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd still go to work............

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 6:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Drink alot of beer and stay up all night

By Rod Hymas (xrated) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 7:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd be the same I am today, just an with $114 million.

By M.I.A. (steveaz) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 8:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Russ, I'll spot you $3 and you can pay cash.

By Shawn Jessup (bigjessup) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 11:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alough with taxes he will only recive about 92-95 million, which isnt to bad. But going form 300 to 92 just from taxes is kinda weak.

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 7:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The $315M jackpot value is based on a payout over a period of time (20 years?). The winner chose a lump sum payout instead, which reduced the jackpot to it's "present value" of about $170M, gross. Taxes took this figure--$170M--down to about $92M.

As for a boat? I already have a great one for boarding that is nearly new. Now I need an air-conditioned "mother ship;" something like a Sea Ray 460 would be pretty cool. Plus, the wake would be HUGE.

By Rod Hymas (xrated) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 7:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You all live in the wrong country. All of our lottery winnings are completely tax free. I think the largest win in Canadian history is about 35 or 40 million but the best part is the gov cant touch it.

By Evan Stinson (evan_stinson) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wasn't the guy who won already a millionaire to begin with?

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 8:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So, the choice is 40M tax-free Canadian dollars or 92M US dollars after taxes. Which pile looks bigger to you?

Plus, you're dreaming if you think your government doesn't get a huge share. They just take it out of the jackpot upfront rather than tax it afterward.

By indo (indo) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 8:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah he was already a million and he was from my home state west by god virginia. i can hear the jokes already......

By JAY EISCHEN (goinhuge) on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 9:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Doug I wouldnt forget about you guys, I might give Ryan a rope or something.... ha ha ha

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 3:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
winning all that money would affect my vision..........I couldn't see myself doing much of anything, except wakeboarding, counting my riches, and partying with b!tch3$.

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 7:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Katana at 244' cruise at 32 knotts would be nice, but would settle for a nice Trinity in the 150 + range (Themis), Oceanfast (Little Sis 172'), Palmer Johnson (Pegasus at 197'), Starship or a large custom Feadship.

Leslie Wexner's Limitless at 315' feet that will cruise 25 knots would be sweet, but you wouldn't have enough money left over to overhaul the engines ever year or so.

By davidgree (davidgree1) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 8:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't forget. Your future ex-wife gets half.

By dane (greatdane) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 9:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Trophy Wives! Pre-nep!

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How's this for West Virginia lottery winning jokes. Reminder, If I won these jokes would all be good in South Carolina also. Please don't take offense by them.

When interviewed, the winning lottery ticket holder was quoted as saying, " Now I can buy my sister the biggest engagement ring ever!!!" He then had to take a phone call from the local Fleetwood Mobile home dealership where he was overheard saying "Send me the biggest triple wide you got.....money is no object". The when asked what else he was going to purchase, the richest man in West Virginia responded, "Ima gonna git me the fastest Skeeter boat and them revenuers will never catch me!!!"

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 11:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why not buy one of each of the WB boats on the market!!! We could finally get a subjective opinion on everything! :-)

KG

By Kevin (x30) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 8:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
so where are the best places to live for 8-10 months of riding, and having mountains in your backyard?

By Kevin (x30) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
so where are the best places to live for 8-10 months of riding, and having mountains in your backyard?

By RTMunroe (rtm) on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lake Country (The Okanagan British Columbia Canada!!)

Housing on the lake is fairly priced and a ski hill is 25 minutes from the lake...mind you the wakeboard season is usually only about 7 months long. California type summers and cool enough in the winter for snow. November is the only month that sucks, it's dark to early and you can't wake or snowboard (Although you can think of it as the month to get caught up on some neglected work).

By offdapeggs (offdapeggs) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 7:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would buy this one, and throw a couple of wakeboard boats in the back

By offdapeggs (offdapeggs) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 7:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
by the way, that's Greg Normans Boat

By Lars F. Haugstad (larsfh) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 4:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Whoa! That's about the sickest thing I've ever seen. I better pick up those "f***** up sticks", like Robin Williams said, and start practicing. OR I could get a factory sponsorship with the manufactor behind Normans sweet ride. It should put out a descent wake..

----
www.eurowake.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com