Dynamat or not? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Dynamat or not? « Previous Next »
By Todd Chinderle (malibu36) on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 9:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have just finished my pvc tower speakers and i was wondering if I need dynamat on the inside or not.}

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 9:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This should help
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/47658.html?1040654223

KG

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/47021.html?1039824176

we were just talking about this subject if you read this post you will see "yes" you could use Dynamatt to improve the sound comming from your speakers tubes and learn some other things as well

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't see how it would make that much or a difference in that it is not in an enclosed area like a car and there is not enough volume within a tube.

By johnathan grady (pimpdaddygrady) on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 9:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
dynomat is just 2 help reduce rattling and unwanted noise that is caused by speakers...i dont think it would do much difference if u put it in a box for ur tower speakers but since u said it was pvc it mite b a good idea. if by chance u had sum old speakers 2 stick in the pvc box and c if there was n e rattling or n e thing from em that would b ur best bet. if they sounded ok and no unwanted noise could b heard then i say dont worry bout the dynomat...but then on the other hand if it does rattle a lil i would get sum...sorry i have a tendacy to jabber on and on...hope this helps

By johnathan grady (pimpdaddygrady) on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 9:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
dynomat is just 2 help reduce rattling and unwanted noise that is caused by speakers...i dont think it would do much difference if u put it in a box for ur tower speakers but since u said it was pvc it mite b a good idea. if by chance u had sum old speakers 2 stick in the pvc box and c if there was n e rattling or n e thing from em that would b ur best bet. if they sounded ok and no unwanted noise could b heard then i say dont worry bout the dynomat...but then on the other hand if it does rattle a lil i would get sum...sorry i have a tendacy to jabber on and on...hope this helps

By johnathan grady (pimpdaddygrady) on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 9:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oops...sorry bout da double post...

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 7:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dynamat will definitely improve sound quality of a tower speaker constructed out of metal or aluminum. Deadens the ring. Might not make a difference in a very thick PVC tub that is airtight or a box made out of thick wood that is airtight. Throw a Delflex dampening pad to eliminate standing wave. That may help more depedning on the dimensions of the cannisters and your cross over points if using components as oposed to coaxles.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com