Bimini For a 2000 Super Air Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Bimini For a 2000 Super Air « Previous Next »
By Aaron Bell (stencil_king) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 8:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Need some input about a Bimini for my boat. I don't wish to drill any holes. I want a nice, clean, easy self-install at a fair price. Thanks for your help!!

By Nathan Marks (nathancmarks) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Boss offers a great Bimini. I have one and it just clamps on to the tower. They are a little bit more expensive. Here's a pic of mine.

By indo (indo) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
whats the price on boss's bimini

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nathan: Iím glad some on with a Boss Bimini replied because I have some questions: I asked a Dealer/friend "he sells Boss" About the boss Bimini he has had lots of boats and tried different types of bimini's and he said the boss bimini was Not as good as the standard Bimini That come on Nautique because, It doesn't offer as much shade as the square one and with it having the angle that it does it offers even less shade to the driver. I know you can adjust them to have whatever angle you want Yours seems to have a very sloped forward angle making it easier to get under it and into the drivers/passengers seat. It also looks like yours blocks the speakers when you bimini is up. Is this a problem? Do you have any photos of the bimini when it is closed up and under the tower? Thanks G
P.S Nice set up the black and white looks great

By Aaron Bell (stencil_king) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 12:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nathan, Like Indo, I would like to know how much it would cost. Is the install pretty straight forward?

By Ken (kenv) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 4:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Aaron,
The bimini in that picture looks real akward. I think I have a better setup on my 2000 SA. When I get home from work I'll give you the manufacturer's name. If you look in my profile, this what it looks like in the up position. I also have a second set of mounts for when the bimini is in use or lowered to fit under the carport (with the tower folded also). The bimini is a little small compared to some I've seen but still gives you great shade - especially here in Texas when we're out in 100 -105 degree heat. I'll post again tonight.
Later, Ken

By Chris Foye (wakejunky) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 4:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Aaron,

Try out www.towerbiminis.com They make tops for both the CC towers and "normal" towers. No drilling required clamped and no straps.

Chris
get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com/gatorgrip

also for sale
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm

By Nathan Marks (nathancmarks) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 7:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant, My bimini is really different from the standard Nautique bimini. I stil get plenty of shade when out on the water, but because of the angle I have it set at I don't have to bend as much to get up. I really liked the Boss because of the clamps. Other biminis I looked at had staps that needed to hold the bimini down. This is just a six clamp system. You are able to set it up exactly how you like it to look. I worked for the dealer when i got mine, but I think they sell for around $600. Well worth it in my opinion. Oh yeh, when it is folded up it sits right behind my tower speakers and straps directly to the tower.

By Ken (kenv) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 10:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nathan,
When I said your bimini looked akward, I wasn't dogging it. I did't know it was so adjustable. I think it looks pretty good with the two-tone color. Wish I had gotten the two-tone. Anyway, good looking boat.
Ken

By Dan Schneidau (gotpwr) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out these guys. Their bimini is one of the cleaner installs I've seen on a FCT that doesn't require drilling.

http://home.attbi.com/~jackbindyke/wsb/index.html

By Aaron Bell (stencil_king) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 7:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ken, Thanks I wait for your post. And your bimini does look very nice. Do you remember the cost?

By Aaron Bell (stencil_king) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 7:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dan,
Your right to there product is nice. I'll contact them and get more info so I can make a good choice. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com