new prop for old nauti 2001 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » new prop for old nauti 2001 « Previous Next »
By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 2:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hello everyone need help on finding a good prop.Should i go with a 4 blade or one of those acme 3's ive been reading about?My boat is an 86 2001 with a 351.I heard some nautiques have reverse rotation motors but not sure if that is my year or not. THANKS FOR THE HELP Jeff

By Scott Hetland (scotthetland) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 7:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chances are that you have a counter-rotating motor, that is unless the whole motor was replaced. I believe that all nautiques are that way. I could be wrong. I have an '88 2001 with a 351. I ended up getting one of the Acme 3 blade props, and I am in love. The boat has incredible hull shot with over 1500 lbs in it. Check out www.propellersonline.com. I got mine a very good price. I got the model number 543.

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 3:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott do you know the difference between the 11 1/2 pitch compared to the 12?Is youre top speed still the same and all that other stuff? thanks for youre time JEFF

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 4:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
dude, i love my acme prop it was the best thing i have ever bought even better than the hookers. Really they are amazing!!!!

By Joe (jp_over) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 5:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The hookers?

By Scott Hetland (scotthetland) on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 2:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff, the top speed actualy is 2 mph faster. Not much though. The less pitch gives you a better hull shot. If your sole purpose is for wakeboarding, I would go with the same one I got, that is if you are looking at the 3 blade Acme's. Give Acme a call and they will give you a ton of information on the props. They helped me out. I hope this helps.

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 3:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks scott goijng to give them a call....JEFF

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com